Live Hit and Pitch Session?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2010
I saw an ad on coacht for a "Live Hit and Pitch" session for 10U & 12U girls. I've never taken DD to any type of camp or clinic so I was just wondering how instructional they were. She already goes to a batting coach and my husband is worried that by me taking her to one of these clinics she will end up getting confused with two different ppl telling her different ways of batting. I would however like for her to hit off a live pitcher a few times before travel season starts. She hits off of a pitching machine several times a week but she still needs to be ready and able to hit off a live pitcher in a couple of months.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hard part is getting the Player to retain things, don’t think it will hurt have some different instruction. If it doesn’t work out she will be able to forget the instruction part pretty quickly. Hopefully it would work out and she will learn some things she likes. Since she has a batting coach just run it by them before she works on it too much.

Jul 26, 2010
Live hitting is very different. The good "swinging" coaches will make the effort to watch their students in game situations, or at least view video of said situations, to make adjustments on the players "real" game swing. I say this is a good idea, even better if the HI is in attendance.

-W

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just buy a bucket of tennis balls (used) and go out to the field and pitch to her.

Ah, I remember that fateful day when I caught a tennis ball hit by my DD in the groin. That was really fun--especially explaining why Daddy was laying on the ground, screaming in agony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd