Little help?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2012
Except for the first sentence, I don't take exception to what you are saying. That said, what other fielders sometimes have to figure out if the ball is still climbing or coming down?

My answer is in the first sentence that you take exception to what I am saying......gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I have to say that I did see another college catcher keep her mask on for a high pop up. It was a catcher for a D1 - mid major. She failed miserably. It was not even a tough pop up. Poor over all instruction or she did not follow her instruction.

Do you think she would have made the play if she had taken her mask off?

Dec 19, 2012
Okay...I'm missing something. What was your point about her leaving her mask on?

The fact that I actually saw a college catcher keep her mask on for a high pop up. The VAST majority of them take the mask off. Nothing more.......

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
They were not poorly trained. These guys knew what they were doing.

Sure did, but that didn't prevent them from looking at times like complete idiots when trying to catch foul pop ups. If they were properly trained, what do you attribute those incidents to?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The fact that I actually saw a college catcher keep her mask on for a high pop up. The VAST majority of them take the mask off. Nothing more.......

Call me crazy, but I bet if you watch long enough, you might even see a college hitter wearing a face guard on her batting helmet hit a home run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207