Little help?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2012
Sure did, but that didn't prevent them from looking at times like complete idiots when trying to catch foul pop ups. If they were properly trained, what do you attribute those incidents to?

It's no different than other fielders botching pop ups, fly balls, and ground balls. What do you attribute other players' errors to? Lack of focus, weather conditions, laziness, tough play, confusion, etc.

Dec 19, 2012
Call me crazy, but I bet if you watch long enough, you might even see a college hitter wearing a face guard on her batting helmet hit a home run.

.....and now we're starting to grab at straws. What this has to do with taking the mask off on a high pop up I have no idea. I never said this wasn't possible. Keep trying GM.....keep trying.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
It's no different than other fielders botching pop ups, fly balls, and ground balls. What do you attribute other players' errors to? Lack of focus, weather conditions, laziness, tough play, confusion, etc.

Obviously we disagree about whether there's a difference. Too bad there isn't a fielding stat specific to pop ups so we could compare Cs to other positions!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
.....and now we're starting to grab at straws. What this has to do with taking the mask off on a high pop up I have no idea. I never said this wasn't possible. Keep trying GM.....keep trying.

You do realize that if we were to continue this discussion over beers that it would undoubtedly end up with the two of us squaring off in some dimly lit parking with fungo bats and leather gloves........hitting and trying to catch pop ups :cool:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You do realize that if we were to continue this discussion over beers that it would undoubtedly end up with the two of us squaring off in some dimly lit parking with fungo bats and leather gloves........hitting and trying to catch pop ups :cool:

Before you get to that point, you might want to warn people to move their cars ;)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The mental image of you two knuckleheads - a few beers into the evening - trying to hit pop-ups in a parking lot is freakin' hilarious. I'll come join you...

...after I move my car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan