Lets see your best Title IX violations.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Our HS field is nicer than 50/60% of the college fields I've been to in the last 5 years. We have a local D2 school that's less than 10 miles from us, their coach said she would gladly trade fields with us anytime!

May 23, 2015
Nothing makes me cranky like some good old favoritism towards the boys.

So to get things started i give you Kearns High School in Utah.

Softball
View attachment 18943
View attachment 18944
View attachment 18945

And Kearns baseball

View attachment 18946
View attachment 18947
View attachment 18948

Tell me that's not some inequality.

Story from a mom whose daughter went there is that two Baseball players made a bet. Whoever made it to the majors first would build a stadium for the school. They did, and they did. They then offered to build a stadium for the softball team and they were told no.

This is the most egregious, but far from the only violation in Utah.
I dodnt have time to answer properly. Its always a whiner who complains about title 9. It deserves more respect than that

The photos are from Gates Field at Kearns High. Ive done many scouting trips. That field it a multi purpose facility. This stadium seats a couple thousand

If you're going to be "cranky" be forthcoming and know something about title 9. Also, bring donation numbers to the argument. That's an old field that has a lot of fans willing to give

Sadly softball has trouble selling boxes of doughnuts to raise money

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Most HS baseball/softball facilities (beyond the basic field) are paid for by the dugout club. So, this thread is stupid.

Work on the 10th Commandment " You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's hitting facility”

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Title IX compliance is assessed via a total program comparison. In other words, the entire men’s and women’s programs are to be compared, not just one men’s team to the women’s team in the same sport. This broad comparative provision was intended to emphasize that Title IX does not require the creation of mirror image programs. Males and females can participate in different sports according to their respective interests and abilities. Thus, broad variations in the type and number of sports opportunities offered to each gender are permitted."
There's your answer.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Most HS baseball/softball facilities (beyond the basic field) are paid for by the dugout club. So, this thread is stupid.

Work on the 10th Commandment " You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's hitting facility”

This however is NOT TRUE.

Source of funding is NOT considered in a TitleIX complaint and investigation. Just beause some booster gave $5m to baseball does not come into account if the program does not meet TitleIX requirements.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
To someone else's point, DD's Team did not need a stadium with the amount of people who showed up for games. Fields she played on for home field was great. Park district did a great job making them ready.

Most schools she played against were the same. Some were a little iffy but did not go look at thier baseball field to see if it was the same.

Baseball field was better but DD was just fine. I could put my chair down the OF line and watch without stands being in the way.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
To someone else's point, DD's Team did not need a stadium with the amount of people who showed up for games. Fields she played on for home field was great. Park district did a great job making them ready.

Most schools she played against were the same. Some were a little iffy but did not go look at thier baseball field to see if it was the same.

Baseball field was better but DD was just fine. I could put my chair down the OF line and watch without stands being in the way.
It makes absolutely no sense to build a stadium like Oklahoma has if a NAIA SB team has 50 or less people at every game. They should have a quality field and training facilities though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA