Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Um.....those frames....mean Braun has no stretch.

He's pushing the barrel forward.

ChapterBraunChapter1.gif

Foot meet mouth! Want to read the PMs that I had with Pronk and Tewks? Want to still deny that Gwynn didn't know his swing?

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I don't think it is fair to compare successful D1 softball players to MLB players. The MLB player filter is so much bigger than the D1 player filter. D1 softball is dominated by athleticism. A strong girl can be very successful in D1 with lower level mechanics, same with college baseball. That is much less true for MLB. Very strong and athletic young men wash out of MLB on a regular basis. It is much more difficult for athleticism over power MLB pitching.

I don't think the pattern that is being taught at HI is geared towards bringing superior power. It is about giving the hitter more time to square up balls consistently. Thus making every hit your best hit. If a girl is lacking in mechanics yet strong enough, she can make her swing fast enough to compensate for mechanical deficiency. That is predominantly the story of elite fastpitch in my region anyway.

Jryan, I find much of your post offensive. Your point is that some player such as my dd is not any good and have poor mechanics but because she is strong, she does ok. Maybe you are wrong and she busted her rear every day from the age of 12 until she finished her career to be a player. You give absolutely no credit to these young ladies that their mechanics just might be good and you wrong. Think of it. EVERY GIRL IS WRONG THAT PLAYS AT THE ELITE LEVEL! Good luck to your dd's. They will turn the world upside down with the correct mechanics.

The Elite Softball Player's skill/mechanics is marginalized because you and some "camp" say their mechanics are sub optimal. Howe, has shown various video that goes to asserting the "push" of your camp is the MLB Swing of many of the best. Given the distance and speed of the top collegiate fast-pitch pitchers, you suggest that only the super strong can square the ball. How does that make sense when viewing these games? What makes your argument more ridiculous is that the majority of players in MLB don't match what you say are elite mechanics. So, you suggest that girls are inferior when most males can't do the same. You suggest you have found the pattern. My gosh, how about some common sense here. How many elite players have taken a tour through your camp? I would name a few but don't feel the need. So, one was going to have this comeback and man he was it for a week or two and man did you guys have the pattern. Then, he leveled out and was out of the game in no time. Along came others that saw the flaws. They went their ways. Had Voldemort had the real answer, because after all there isn't anyone in the world that knows what he knows, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would be a serious commodity in MLB? Perhaps, Howe's points from those video say more than I can say in a post.

Then again, I'm wasting my time here. You have drank the Kool Aid. You must believe Voldemort's son's swing matching Barry Bonds. You can now have a DD that matches. Can't wait to see her play in college. Oklahoma? Alabama? Michigan?

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2011
Cannonball you are out of line. Nowhere in his post did Jryan mention, refer, or allude to your DD.

You did that.

In other matters...

The fact is, learning to swing by committee input can't hold a candle to a concise well focused plan that regards the Hansen Principle as paramout.

The simple 3 step framework is the solid base that many have taken away from the other site.

1. Teach a hand pivot point
2. Teach a rear hip pivot point
3. Teach how to synchronize the two

The fallout occurs when what you offer doesn't or can't conform to the Hansen Principle...for example all elite MLB hitters perform from behind a well defined and solid corner.

Maybe we can help him out. If I had to guess, and anyone is free to correct me, I'd say the first concept in Howe's framework would be:

1. Teach how to direct then launch or maybe it's direct and launch, I'm not sure

At leaste that's a start. But I'd guess this is as far as it will get.

He'll just continue to pull video to display to the unwitting from threads like this one...

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...ot-your-students-not-your-dds-your-swing.html

...showing doctored video and feeding his giant ego, rather than joining others and just manup with an instructional clip of himself...

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Cannonball you are out of line. Nowhere in his post did Jryan mention, refer, or allude to your DD.

You did that.

In other matters...

The fact is, learning to swing by committee input can't hold a candle to a concise well focused plan that regards the Hansen Principle as paramout.

The simple 3 step framework is the solid base that many have taken away from the other site.

1. Teach a hand pivot point
2. Teach a rear hip pivot point
3. Teach how to synchronize the two

The fallout occurs when what you offer doesn't or can't conform to the Hansen Principle...for example all elite MLB hitters perform from behind a well defined and solid corner.

Maybe we can help him out. If I had to guess, and anyone is free to correct me, I'd say the first concept in Howe's framework would be:

1. Teach how to direct then launch or maybe it's direct and launch, I'm not sure

At leaste that's a start. But I'd guess this is as far as it will get.

He'll just continue to pull video to display to the unwitting from threads like this one...

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...ot-your-students-not-your-dds-your-swing.html

...showing doctored video and feeding his giant ego, rather than joining others and just manup with an instructional clip of himself...

So you think that the great contact hitters are doing the same thing as the great power hitters as well? Go look at a slo motion of Jeter and tell me in all honesty that he is not what Fat AllButt would call a push swing.

BB and Jeter have swings that are more similar that Jeter and Ortiz.

The count of Monte Crisco simply calls all swings from great players the same so that his false claim to the ONE TRUE PATH can continue to stand on its flimsy ground.

His whole house of cards falls to the ground if he were to admit to differences in the swings of some of the greats so he continues to just call them all the same with no proof so that weak minded folks won't look behind the curtain.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
here is a head start...do you really see TM's HPP here or do you see more Knob to the Ball? Do you really see his missing frames are do you see the arms getting started earlier than what TM preaches. What do YOU see?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Exactly JJ. FluffOlard has the gall to state a HOFer like Gwynn didn't mean or know what he was talking about. You talk about EGO! and jryan/roga are defending that? Stockholm Syndrome, sheep, followers, weak minded...

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
see how TM felt the need to get out in front of this before any lemmings could see it?

Where's the HPP/barrel dump/deep woosh Jabba?

Why are his arms leading the hips if he is pulling through the way you say?

I guarantee that if this identical swing was posted by a DFPer it would be called a push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd