Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Pay not attention to Giambi - getting the handle into position before releasing the barrel.
giambihandpath.gif

And who could forget this fan favorite?
MannyDrillExtension.gif

Poor Manny is practicing wrong. He should be "pinwheeling" and dumping the barrel. Not Directing, Loading and Launching the barrel via full extension.

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I almost puked watching that video.

Anyway, let's watch Cano push it.
Cano.gif

I keep hoping he gets to that reverse "C" too.

lifetime .307 hitter so he is definitely in the HI pattern....

I see how this works now....you look up the players stats and if they are good then they are in the HI pattern...if they struggle then they are not....being a hitting expert is easy stuff.....

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Trout's not really concerned with getting the handle in place, it only looks that way. His main focus is on torquing the handle at GO! Not really.... Sorry.
TroutBatThrow.gif

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
and in fairness...there are many swings that do match more closely what TM is trying to teach...

Ortiz_highside.gif
I suppose if you cherry pick only those adjustments and build an absolute around it, you could call yourself an expert, sure.

Remember though:
"The smart ones investigate"
That's why I ask how you get from the one on the right to the one on the left.
SnFNonSense.gif

He can't help but to make a mess in his pants:
Getting the handle in place.....seriously? Only someone who has never been in the batters box would make such a stupid statement.

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
ok ill bite and respond without the clip I intended to make to help prove my point....

earlier I said everyone has some sort of hand pivot but some are gradual and some are sudden....sure AFTER Jeter applies force to the knob WITH BOTH HANDS pulling down to launch, he then directs the bat to the ball and this BY DEFINITION will turn the barrel. but he does it AFTER launch and you would call this a bled corner in ANY OTHER SWING....you know it and I know it. Remember...to be high level in your book you need to turn the barrel BEHIND THE CORNER and have the pivoting rear hip grab that turn and pull it through. JETER DOES NOT DO THIS....many other great hitters DO NOT DO THIS....

This is COMPLETELY different than your barrel dump, knock the catcher on the head , swing from one leg stuff....

Now your turn...and try not to dodge...

how do you explain the HUGE difference in that video of you I posted "get behind the hip and the hip pulls it through" and Jeter CLEARLY not doing anything close to this? Maybe that is old instruction and you don't believe it anymore? Do you really think what you showed there is what Jeter is doing? If so then I have to downgrade you from smart guy who is kind of an a$$hole to complete moron who can't even be honest with himself.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Ahhh, the old "hip slip" that doesn't really exist in the real world but creates the reverse "C" and whiplash effect. Read it and weep folks, the full spewage front and center.
That same kind of action happens between the rear hip socket and the ball of the femur. The hip/back/scap muscles pull rearward.....against the rear leg that tries to move forward and internally rotate. When the range of motion limit is reached....you have a stalemate with stretch between the two forces. When you turn the barrel rearward the force increases to it's max in the hip socket. But when the barrel gets to the back of it's rearward arc.....flat.....the rearward resistance goes to zero.....and the leg YANKS the barrel through.

Matches this mess perfectly:
Brndn062510_abc.gif

Stretch it rearward son, even though the Pros say they stay back and move out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole