Leg Guard Straps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
OK...what's the secret?

Bought DD all new gear and she used them in a tournament this weekend. A couple of the straps kept falling off on the non-hook end. What's the best way to keep them in place???

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Is there 2 D rings that the non-hook end attach to? You should be able to thread the end through both D rings and then look the end back over the first D-ring and back under the second D ring. Not sure if I am making any sense, but thats how we put them on and then never come loose.

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
AngelsFan,

Certainly, as Chinamigarden pointed out, making sure that the straps are properly threaded through the loops is very important, but if you still see them slipping through...wrapping athletic tape around the end of the strap all the way up to where the elastic strap meets the metal loops is another way of helping keep them in place.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Does anyone else have trouble with the hook side digging into their legs? After the first shorts weather tourney DD has to put band aids or athletic tape on her legs because the hooks (the second from top just below her knee) dig deep, bleed and bruise. Thought about looking at different brands.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
For catching lessons, I moved to an umpire's shin guard. The metal hooks were hot enough to burn me, on the catcher's gear. I don't know what girls did before baseball pants. The umpires shin guard has fewer straps and the closures are plastic.

Apr 14, 2011
Thanks...that's exactly what I was looking for. They are threaded correctly, but a couple of them kept slipping. Now that the've had some use though, I think they're OK. I think maybe the straps were just a little too slick...they needed a little dirt!

AngelsFan,

Certainly, as Chinamigarden pointed out, making sure that the straps are properly threaded through the loops is very important, but if you still see them slipping through...wrapping athletic tape around the end of the strap all the way up to where the elastic strap meets the metal loops is another way of helping keep them in place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA