Leadership Part 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
As DD goes her Teams go, she skipped her basketball team party this year. Even though she was the on court leader, she felt isolated from the older players when not on the court.

The same thing seems to be happening in softball this year.

I am not sure how much she is going to enjoy softball this year.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Do any of her school friends play on her team? My kids have both played on teams of just school friends, a mix, and kids they don't know at all. They seem to be happiest when there is a mix.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Think you are hedging on the reason for Daddy Ball... It is pretty clear that at least (guessing from my limited experiences,and demographics) 50% couldn't make the team. But they enjoy the status, and the brief time of power. It often comes back to haunt them when the kids get older & realize how it all went down. That's why we have girls wanting to pitch later. I think they finally find out that its called Fast Pitch. Then after lots of losing season's, or winning season by pitchers who are new to them. Ones who are there after they has made the secondary acceptance (pigeon holed) to their position. The ones that beat them out, aren't playing anymore.

Jul 26, 2010
Is she a loner at school or does she make friends everywhere BUT the sports teams? Some kids are just introverts. Unfortunately society has dictated that being introverted is somehow a "bad thing", when statistics prove the opposite. She's there to play softball, and to take joy from playing the sport. It is very possible to take as much pleasure from taking something serious and doing well as it is to take pleasure from being "goofy" and socializing.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1