Lazy Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2009
I just made a post a bit ago about a player I have with a terrible upper-cut swing. Well, I also have a couple of players who have very weak swings. If you did not see my previous post, I am a first time coach for an adult slowpitch softball team. I'm 24 years old, and my players are all in their early to mid-20's as well. So I do not have the luxury of working with kids here. These guys are used to doing things certain ways, and I feel that it will not be quite as easy to fix some of the errors I'm seeing.

But anyway, I have a couple of players who have not played baseball for a long time, and when they did probably weren't ever really that good with a bat anyway. But when we have batting practice their hits are just so unimpressive. I don't want to soung mean or anything, but there must be a way I can get them to swing through with more power. They aren't driving the ball. Of course they get a few hits here and there, but for the most part, they're weak groundball and lazy pop-ups to the infield or to the shallow OF. I want to know if there's any really great advice I can give these guys that will make them drive the ball a little more. Or any drills that can help with this. Remember these guys are in their 20's, so, whether that matters or not, I don't know. But I used to coach little league, and already I know there's a huge difference between these guys and the kids. But just something for them to get a little more power behind their bat would be great. I really appreciate any help here. Thanks.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
Sometimes a picture, or in this case a video, is worth a thousand words. I periodically search Youtube for skills videos posted for college recruitment looking for similarities, etc., in hitting, fielding & pitching. I've run across at least a couple of guys videos which are specific to the slow pitch swing so maybe watching these and sharing the links with your teammates will help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06