Lacey Waldrop change up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Love her.... probably my favorite pitcher to watch right now! Especially when she is sooo positive all the time! Always happy and never a sour look in her face after giving up a hit...she's a wonderful role model to younger pitchers.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
^^^amen...to both posts above...I hadn't seen her all season so I did not give her enough credit for her stats since she was playing in the ACC, but she looked really good last weekend. I was so impressed with her control. I hope she doesn't disappoint against the big hitting lineups she is about to face.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I think it's a little early to make this claim,.....but we'll see.

Exhibit B could be:
- FL St was not against what I would call "offensive threatening teams" in their regional
- First round jitters and being over-amped may have psuedo-amplified the goodness of her slow change
- Let's see how MI does against that change the second time at bat.

What about the 2nd or 3rd game? The Super with a best of 3 format is a very different animal than the Regional. Teams will get a get a much longer look at the abilities of the top pitchers. Often by that final 3rd game the effectiveness of a dominant pitcher has been significantly diminished. I will never forget seeing a once dominant Monica Abbott get lit up in game 3 by Arizona in the WCWS. Supposedly Alicia Hollowell has been throwing lots of rises to the Wildcats in BP and they feasted on the offerings by Abbott. It will be interesting to see if Waldrop with her diverse toolbox can continue to be effective.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Possible circle change up?
pitching-grip-circle-changeup-side-medium.jpg

5872d1400689185-lacey-waldrop-change-up-lw6.jpg

Sep 10, 2013
Lacy has great command of her change-ups. DD met her after a game a few months back. very nice person as well.
how about those Umps calling illegal pitches on SF nevin (sp?).

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Lacy has great command of her change-ups. DD met her after a game a few months back. very nice person as well.
how about those Umps calling illegal pitches on SF nevin (sp?).

Hell my 9 year old was calling illegal pitches on her. And I don't care what anyone says, her crow hop DOES have a replant to it. IT is a true crow hop and should be called every time. It is not a harmless leap at all.

Sep 10, 2013
all the commentators were saying that if they are calling it illegal now, they should be calling it all year. they also commented on comparing a legal vs illegal pitch and it didn't gain the pitcher (nevin) any advantage. but, illegal is illegal. call it, blue!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild