Kinetic link

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Miggy has an awesome swing but I usually don't use him for comparison because he has probably the most tight and compact swing of any elite hitter you look at. If you did not know any better or the results were not there you would almost want to coach more separation and walking away from hands but obviously results speak for themselves, he is also one of the bigger stronger guys around which probably helps

I don't think you know Miggy. He is the poster child for 'walking away from the hands' and separation.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

This is part of my favorite swing of Cabrera.

May 3, 2014
I'm sure there is confusion on the core's role in the swing. Heck, folks seemed to take issue with the lateral side bend action being the vertical gear in the two-gear-analogy ... which shouldn't have been confusing at all. The core is most definitely involved with the barrel's arcing action.

Who is BBR? What is BBR attempting to rip off from HI? Sounds like drama.

Yes, it is very confusing for some to understand that the core's role is to resist rotation and that any side lateral bend is a result from this resistance as the rear leg turns forward as you tilt in the rear hip socket.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Yes, it is very confusing for some to understand that the core's role is to resist rotation and that any side lateral bend is a result from this resistance as the rear leg turns forward as you tilt in the rear hip socket.

Not if You look at the pattern differences, and separate them for what drives the swing. Video surely points this out for those interested.

May 3, 2014
I watch this video

javeja.gif

And this one

J4lbfa.gif

And this one

2Y3KGr.gif

And this one

okcLnS.gif

And when you say one doesn't leverage a fused core I agree with you. The hitters above are leveraging a fused core that is resisting. Their rear legs are turning their fused, resisting core forward. Their hands/forearms are turning the barrel rearward to go forward.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't think you know Miggy. He is the poster child for 'walking away from the hands' and separation.

Curious if anybody has compared his swing from this year to previous years to see if there are mechanical reasons he is struggling. If swings
are same then it just shows you how minute differences in physical ability (caused by aging perhaps in this case) make a huge difference, especially
at the highest levels.

Sep 29, 2014
Curious if anybody has compared his swing from this year to previous years to see if there are mechanical reasons he is struggling. If swings
are same then it just shows you how minute differences in physical ability (caused by aging perhaps in this case) make a huge difference, especially
at the highest levels.

I just think that Miggy is about as compact as you would want to teach while in this still you see Jeter which is probably on the other side of the spectrum as loose/wide as you would want to be. As a rule you don't want to start of teaching on the ends of the spectrum but you should aim for the middle, but if your player is comfortable and performing at the ends of the spectrum I would not mess with it.

miigyjeter.jpg

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Why is so hard to accept that some hitters leverage different resources ? Seperating the patterns would allow parents to pick the pattern of their choosing.

Why not for this pattern do this....

npgPUm1.gif

RILmeCq.gif

This pattern do this.

7kDhj6O.gif

CDpwpTw.gif

Sure would save on all the drama created on these forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish