Just too hot.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2014
I agree Quincy. An occasional hot game or tourney is fine, but I can't imagine playing constantly when you are miserable

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I had one lesson this morning. One is all I could have done. I have one more at 5pm, if they don't cancel. It was miserable. Yes, to breaks. Yes, to cooling towels. image.jpg

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Even the pools get too hot. Well, not so much the water, but the concrete surrounding it. The parent this morning said that her flip flops melted yesterday, while she was in the pool. It is great to swim in the mornings or in the evenings.

Jun 12, 2015
Halfway through the summer our neighborhood pool feels like bathwater. It reminds me of swimming in sweat. It's gross.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I was driving around Manhattan and Brooklyn yesterday in an car with no AC. Finally spent some time at my brother in law's house in Brooklyn. AC was far too weak. I felt so bad I finally lay down on the floor next to the AC with an ice pack.

DD 1 came in and of course made a point of stepping on me a few times. Embarrassed her, it seems. Isn't the love of a girl for her father wonderful?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
When I was 14 my dad piled our family into a van (an old school van, not one of the plush mini-vans with the entertainment systems of today) and drove us across the country - think Clark W. Griswold in "Vacation" with a van instead of a station wagon, and no hot chick in a Ferrari. Anyway, this van had an auxiliary air conditioner in the back, which was SWEET. Did I mention that my grandparents went too, so there were 6 of us in the van. I will never forget when we arrived in AZ after driving 10+ hours. My dad kept the temp in the fan @ 68 degrees - my mother had to wear a sweater, my dad paid for the auxiliary air conditioner and he was going to get his moneys worth! Well we pulled into the parking lot of the Holidome (anyone on DFP old enough to remember those?) in AZ and opened the sliding door and it felt like I had stuck my head in an oven. I bet the ambient temperature was 140 on that black asphalt parking lot and I think I got a 2nd degree radiant heat burn on my face. One of those childhood memories I will never forget! Good times....

BTW- Due to my fathers obsession I have been in all 50 states! Drove the lower 48 in 2 different trips, and hit Hawaii when I graduated from college and Alaska when my sister graduated. Thankfully, travel softball has lessened the pressure on me to repeat the task with my family.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi