Time To Take Some Time Off From Throwing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I think one of them is Chelsea Thomas
One thing I will say is that while pitchers obviously need game reps, facing quality hitters is not quite as important to a pitcher's development, imo, as facing quality pitching is to a hitter. Pitching is proactive, you dictate, while hitting is reactionary.

Aug 23, 2016
One thing I will say is that while pitchers obviously need game reps, facing quality hitters is not quite as important to a pitcher's development, imo, as facing quality pitching is to a hitter. Pitching is proactive, you dictate, while hitting is reactionary.

I understand what you're saying, but in reality pitchers (especially younger girls) don't learn to make their best pitch when they need it when they're facing girls who aren't even going to be able to hit their worst pitches. Facing a girl who will make you pay for a mistake really gets a pitcher to up their game in a way that dominating lesser hitters never can.

Jun 8, 2016
I understand what you're saying, but in reality pitchers (especially younger girls) don't learn to make their best pitch when they need it when they're facing girls who aren't even going to be able to hit their worst pitches. Facing a girl who will make you pay for a mistake really gets a pitcher to up their game in a way that dominating lesser hitters never can.
Agreed, like I said not unimportant but just not as important. Also that is a coach's responsibility at the younger ages. Make a kid use her stuff even if she doesn't need to and even if it means an extra walk or 3,etc.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Yeah but 70mph hides a lot.

Oct 4, 2018

Agreed. I'm trying to explain to my DD that she can greatly improve her pitching regardless of who is at bat. I don't want her slacking off if we don't have tough competition.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28