Juggs Machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
No it will throw dipple balls. Regular balls. Atec balls.

It is not as accurate with regular balls and will tear them up over time. Throws the atec balls well indoors but same thing will tear them up over time.

Feb 3, 2011
While searching for solutions to the pitching problem in our local league, I figured I'd try regular balls in the single-wheel Jugs and it did a solid job with 12" balls, less so with the 11", and I noticed a lot less accuracy with the Dream Seam balls. Small sample size, but in my observations, it seems to be optimized for the dimpled balls.

Oct 19, 2009
My experience is the dimple balls work best, the 12 inch balls will work, but wear pretty fast and are not as accurate. I used the 12 inch balls for a while and went back to the dimple balls.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
We use the dimple balls for hitting and use 12" regulation for
pop fly/OF drills. Balls with ripped covers are dangerous, we use
the resin practice balls with no raised seams

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
on any machine you will need to use dimple balls. Dimple are always going to be the more consistent of the group. However I came across a situation a while back where someone was using a jugs dimple in the new Atec Arm machine. Well the balls were all over the place?? However when he used only Atec dimples the balls shot straight out. Atec recognized the problem and has since fixed it

Jul 11, 2009
Yes it has the white wheel. Is the realistic balls bad for the composite bats.

We used regular balls in one with the white wheel. Even though Juggs says you can, the seams on the balls will quickly make a nice U-shaped groove in the wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi