Juggs Lite Flite machine.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2013
I have come across one to use, but it seems when it is windy, the balls are very affected by the wind. My question, what would be the downside to throwing actual balls thru it? Would it ruin the motor, or just the wheel (easily replaceable)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Even indoors the flight of machine pitched lite-flite balls can be non-representative of the flight of a regularly pitched ball. The use of the lite-flite machine builds a false database.

Jan 7, 2013
I use it mostly to shoot balls at my DD for catching, blocking and fielding drills. On occasion to work on bunting. Never for hitting.

Sometimes I just use it to shoot balls at her for the heck of it... when she's not looking...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
One of the best tools you can use to teach bunting. We use ours exclusively for bunting work.

Mar 31, 2011
Blocking and bunting. I have proven over time it is a sure fire tool to drop a batting average by 150 points.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Agree with all of the above. Timing is critical to a good swing and it is difficult to adjust to the timing of a machine. The high back spin of the light ball makes the trajectory very unrealistic. A good operator using a simulated but well timed pitching motion and a two wheeled rig would be the best machine option for hitting. Otherwise, its really tough to beat front toss with a full circle.

May 28, 2013
I want to use it for the fielders, and was thinking the real balls would let them throw them back. As it is, I do not really want to see them throw the lite flites, I would think the potential for injury would be to high. My reasoning behind the fielders, would be for a consistent grounder for forehand and backhand work, starting with the lite balls, then moving to the real ones without changing machines. I also want to be able to consistently reproduce line drives for the outfielders (one hops and ground ball work from the grass) to be able to get better as well. I just do not want to trash the machine. I was a Track guy in School, so my hitting really does suck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30