Join the Friday check in Club! 5/20/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Pitch for the Cure weekend here in Huskerland. 118 teams playing on 4 or 5 softball complexes all wearing varying shades of pink and doing a whole lotta fundraising for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Hope the weather holds out!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dds university club team made the NCSA World Series. Game 1 was a nail biter but we pulled it out 6-4 against Penn State.

Today is pool play, tomorrow bracket play begins.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
At FSU in Tallahassee this weekend for NCAA Regional. Just saw SC dispatch USF 2-0. Now watching FAMU play FSU in what is sure to become a rain delayed/shortened game. Good news is the hotel is only 5 minutes from the field.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
At FSU in Tallahassee this weekend for NCAA Regional. Just saw SC dispatch USF 2-0. Now watching FAMU play FSU in what is sure to become a rain delayed/shortened game. Good news is the hotel is only 5 minutes from the field.

Best of luck!!!!!!!

Btw- was that you in the facemask?

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
Headed to Myrtle Beach, SC for our first PGF qualifier this weekend. Just hope the weather cooperates and #10's Dad team takes it easy on us! Have never been there, but I heard the facilities are really nice. The Tyger River facility in Spartanburg, SC is top notch.
I'm with you on the weather cooperating! Make sure that stud DD of yours takes it easy on us. Safe travels and see yall tomorrow.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Saturday - Field practice
Sunday - 4 friendlies...in WM's 'hood.

DD is getting past her Sever's issues. She was able to play 2 games behind the plate last weekend, and get some ABs for the first time in 3 weeks. Her timing is a little off, but I expect that to come back pretty quickly.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
it's prom tonight. I'm sitting back wondering how this many girls could get so worked up about a dance. It's supposed to pour here all weekend and if not we will have practice on Sunday. Monday is DDs first round state game. On paper they win but they do not play to expectations.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Lots going on.

DD 3 has a one-day tournament in Dubuque on Sunday. 3 games no matter what happens. I might not be able to get to it. She is off to a fair this evening, I told her she can't go unless she practices pitching first. She and two other girls on her TB team were in Madison's West side 8th grade track meet this past Wednesday. All three girls made it to this coming Wednesday's All-City meet. DD 3 made it in 100m, 200m and mixed relay. Another girl on her team made it in 400m, still another won the 70m hurdles, also made it in long jump. Both of the other girls are on the same girls' relay team, and their team made it. TB coach is happy to have fast girls on his team. HC's DD is fast, too. I am trying to convince those three, plus HC's DD, to put together a relay team for some local races this summer. Would be fun to see a softball team run together in a track meet.

DD 1 scheduled way too much stuff, we are making her cut back for safety. She babysits tonight, runs a 5k in the morning. She was supposed to babysit again tomorrow night, then take some European exchange students to a really nice state park about an hour from here (Devils Lake. Last time we were there was for DS' rowing race). We told her she can't babysit tomorrow night AND drive to the park. Wouldn't be safe for her to drive with no sleep. She will probably have DD 2 or DD 3 babysit in her place. probably DD 2, since DD 3 has a tournament the next day, and has to leave about 6:00 AM> Since DW works Sunday, if DD 1 goes to the park, I can't drive to Iowa. My car is in Brooklyn. As in Brooklyn, NY, so I have to drive one of the other cars, and both would be taken.

DS' rowing team has their team banquet on Sunday. DS is getting the Most Improved Rower award. The week after is finals, then we have to help him move out of the dorm. He will stay in Milwaukee with a teammate while the team practices for the Intercollegiate Rowing Association championships in NJ in a few weeks. DW is working, and DD 1 needs to rest for her trip. Everyone else except DD 3 is busy that day, so I hope she goes with me. Maybe if DS promises to see some of her games this summer.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Here is a picture one of the teammate's mothers took with DD 3 pitching last Saturday. There was some snow and sleet that game, temp in the 30s, windy as heck. I've never seen her pitch with long sleeves before, let alone a sweatshirt. The next day she remembered her Under Armor. At least she was 2-0 pitching that weekend, both games in the 30s.

Coach has a mandatory face mask policy for infielders.

DSC00248.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06