Jennie Finch!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I sat next to Jennie Finch at lunch today!

She is so nice and her kids are so cute and well behaved.
I said hello and thanked her for all she has done for the sport!

I also cracked a joke and told her she has cost me thousands of dollars since the 1st time my daughter saw her pitch. She laughed and said she hears that alot....

She is so humble!

I felt like a giddy girl in front of a celebrity! Even though we always see her around town, I have never approached her out of respect. But heck since she was right next to me...I had too! :eek:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
That's an awesome story, too cool ;)

The other day my dd and I went to go hear Sue Enquist speak. There were about 50 girls, half in high school and half younger, so knowing that most of the kids would have no idea who she was (despite 11 national titles), she called Jennie Finch on her cell and put her on speaker for the kids to hear them chat for a few minutes. After that the girls were awestruck.

-W

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan

The other day my dd and I went to go hear Sue Enquist speak. There were about 50 girls, half in high school and half younger, so knowing that most of the kids would have no idea who she was (despite 11 national titles), she called Jennie Finch on her cell and put her on speaker for the kids to hear them chat for a few minutes. After that the girls were awestruck.

-W

I posted a clip of a speech Enquist did at the Adidas Futures camp earlier today. I would love to see her live, she is a dynamic lady.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I sat next to Jennie Finch at lunch today!

She is so nice and her kids are so cute and well behaved.
I said hello and thanked her for all she has done for the sport!

I also cracked a joke and told her she has cost me thousands of dollars since the 1st time my daughter saw her pitch. She laughed and said she hears that alot....

She is so humble!

I agree. I've only met her once a few years back in Tucson. Even though see was out to diner with her husband and was very open and receptive to those who approached her to say hello.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO

-W

Awesome...sounds like a play out of my play book. People in our world don't even know who we are talking about, but DD can FB message, some of (IMHO) the best in the game.... And get help with her decisions in around 1/2 hour.... I got to be honest though, back when I was going over and over with DD to dream the dream, ( she was 8) I was too scared to try JF. But she is synced to most of my favorites...unbelievable !!!! How gracious the FastPitch world has been to my DD. Some would really be surprised at all the help I have gotten from the DFP heavy hitters too !!! Even the one ones that seem to be...pr???? Thx she needs it !!!

Jul 26, 2010
I posted a clip of a speech Enquist did at the Adidas Futures camp earlier today. I would love to see her live, she is a dynamic lady.

Enquist is absolutely awesome, if you ever have the chance to see her live, do it. She held her audience captivated the entire 2 hours she spoke and left a deep and lasting impression on many of the kids (including my own). Most of the advice she gave applies as much to life in general as it does softball.

One of my favorite parts was when she asked how many dads were present that also coached. She went around passing out sharpie markers to all of them. She then explained that everything they said "stained their childs brain" just like a sharpie, and to be very very careful about what they say, what they do, and how they say and do it.

-W

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55