It Passed......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
6 days to go...Coach White still isn't answering his phone...C'mon, Mike! Don't play me like that!!

Hit up Gasso in the next couple of hours, she can pass the message to Coach White in between innings.

Interestingly enough Coach Gasso's daughter in law
gave birth the day after my wife and I saw Coach Gasso in the waiting room..I almost went back to the house to get my DD's glove and bat
so she could show off her skills in the hospital. I am sure my wife wouldn't have minded:rolleyes:

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Once its voted on next week if it passes it goes into effect immediately. The only ones I really see impacted are the class of 2021 that freshmen right now. Many of them like my DD are in the middle of the process.

Where did you see this? Was it directly from a NFCA or NCAA press release? Lots of speculation and interpretation from third parties floating around out there.
The NCAA site show next school year as the implementation date.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Where did you see this? Was it directly from a NFCA or NCAA press release? Lots of speculation and interpretation from third parties floating around out there.
The NCAA site show next school year as the implementation date.

INDIANAPOLIS - On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, the NCAA Division I Council announced that it passed legislation establishing September 1 of a prospective student-athlete’s (“PSA’s”) junior year as the start date for all softball recruiting contact, effective immediately, pending NCAA Board of Directors approval.

It was the first paragraph of the linked article.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
INDIANAPOLIS - On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, the NCAA Division I Council announced that it passed legislation establishing September 1 of a prospective student-athlete’s (“PSA’s”) junior year as the start date for all softball recruiting contact, effective immediately, pending NCAA Board of Directors approval.

It was the first paragraph of the linked article.

That's odd. The NCAA article I saw had the similar wording, but stated it would take effect the next school year. Maybe it is referring to something else?

Division I Council adopts recruiting legislation | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
More confusion from NCAA rules.

That is exactly my point! The original 2017 NFCA proposal was edited and changed.
The NCAA has yet to adopt the recent NFCA proposal and define the terms in it.
Everyone is running around saying what their third cousin's first wife said about the impact of the rule without knowing what the rule actually is. You ought to see
the experts on facebook!

Nov 18, 2013
That is exactly my point! The original 2017 NFCA proposal was edited and changed.
The NCAA has yet to adopt the recent NFCA proposal and define the terms in it.
Everyone is running around saying what their third cousin's first wife said about the impact of the rule without knowing what the rule actually is. You ought to see
the experts on facebook!

I get a kick out of the Facebook and Twitter feeds. People are just making stuff up as they go. It's one thing for Joe Schmoe to talk out of his a$$, but you'd think the NFCA people posting would bother to read the actual rules.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
My understanding of the link you shared just states that PSA can start taking "Official" visits starting Sept 1st of Junior year instead of Senior year. Which Sept 1st will be next school year.

????????
This is the first sentence of the NCAA press release:
"Starting with the next school year, most prospective student-athletes will follow a recruiting model that resembles the schedule other students follow when choosing where to go to college."

Feb 16, 2015
South East
????????
This is the first sentence of the NCAA press release:
"Starting with the next school year, most prospective student-athletes will follow a recruiting model that resembles the schedule other students follow when choosing where to go to college."

Yes, This upcoming Sept 1st is the next school year. Currently in the 17/18 school year and this Sept will be the 18/19 school year.

Edit: You also have to take in consideration that it is just an article and not written in the NCAA by-laws. I am sure the wording will be much different when logged into the regulations files.

I believe it is awesome that this changed as well. Now a player could possibly take all 5 of the allowable official visits. Currently everyone pretty much gets 1 because they have been committed to them for years and it is just a celebration type thing instead of a true visit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32