It is so hard butting out...last night, I didn't...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
I was a division one hockey player. If we messed up in practice believe me we skated or did so many pushups our arms shook. Negative association with exercise?? seriously?? The big thing is that when one screwed up, we all suffered the consequences. An individual mistake in a game costs the entire team, so an individual screw up in practice should also cost the entire team. That was my coach's philosophy then and it is my DD's 13U coach's philosophy now, and I couldn't be more supportive. it makes one REALLY not want to let down one's teammates. And no I'm not the coach (our organization does not have parent coaches, but that's another topic). Sometimes you need to grab a team's attention, and a few sprints, crunches, or pushups will do that. And given that we practice 4 hours a day at least 3 days per week, we can afford to lose some "valuable practice time."

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
I was a division one hockey player. If we messed up in practice believe me we skated or did so many pushups our arms shook. Negative association with exercise?? seriously?? The big thing is that when one screwed up, we all suffered the consequences. An individual mistake in a game costs the entire team, so an individual screw up in practice should also cost the entire team. That was my coach's philosophy then and it is my DD's 13U coach's philosophy now, and I couldn't be more supportive. it makes one REALLY not want to let down one's teammates. And no I'm not the coach (our organization does not have parent coaches, but that's another topic). Sometimes you need to grab a team's attention, and a few sprints, crunches, or pushups will do that. And given that we practice 4 hours a day at least 3 days per week, we can afford to lose some "valuable practice time."

29DAD, I totally agree with you. I played hockey at the college level as well and I made a similar point earlier and believe me it worked. Since most kids don't have the amout of pratice time you mentioned or as a college player, it isn't something that should be done alot but to send a message and grab attention it is works and works fast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles