It is not softball but interesting ruling

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Pretty much defeats the purpose and limitations they have on replay rulings or the expansion thereof, the thing i find the most interesting is one member of this crew as some one else has stated on posts on the forum about the arrogance of some umps, "i have been one", but to have the luxury of this and then have to be inspected by MLB, and be informed as to how they called it, i guess it reverts back to "human error". embarrassing to say the least.

Want to see something interesting? Go to a ball game.

Yet today in the NCAA, SEC tournament, one game they disputed the other team stealing calls?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I don't know what that crew saw, but I have a hard time believing they had the opportunity to view what everyone else did and come to a different conclusion.

However, I think part of the problem may be that the people who review the play are the same ones that have to continue working and living with each other on the road.

Yeah....hockey has an interesting model where everything goes to a central location. Football seems to work very well but with only one game a week and a million camera angles seems like you are always a few feet from every play.

Well as we all know or should umpiring is a pretty thankless job getting thousands of calls right but everyone focusing on the couple you get wrong.....then again these guys are not getting $30 at the plate either.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
I'm glad the name was revealed , he has an E that is unreal.

Who ever decided that hi tech was to "help" get it right, but can't get it right is somewhat disturbing unless it is still so "to close to call" or not enough evidence to overturn. But in most sports there are limitations as to what it is used for, if that can not be achieved, in these cases, maybe it should be left up to the judgement of the blue , as it was for years. It might make for more entertainment with more water coolers destroyed and more ejections.

If you want to see something strange, go to a ball game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1