Is this arm movement legal ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2015
One last video ! I thinkI got it !
You will tell me !
The replant doesn't occur on Folkard and others because only their toe of the pivot foots touches ground.?
The ones that replant would have more of the foot on the ground ?
So in this vid' the ones that replant would be (in order andfrom more to less) :
Argentina / Denmarks / Philippines / Puerto Rico / Mexico

But it doesn't seem to change much in the effectiveness of the pitches !
The arm issue was more of a decieving act.
Tx again for your participation.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CoPtS8Z3ias" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

May 24, 2013
So Cal
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9nkibil0fCs?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Analysis by Mike White!! Awesome :)

Sep 29, 2014
^^^Just seems awfully convenient that he stops on the edge of the mat...not sure this would look exactly the same on dirt

Sep 29, 2014
1) You can take a big leap without replanting and this is what most of us are used to seeing from some NCAA and other pitchers... they technically leap because their push foot toe is not touching the dirt it glides a few inches above the ground but they still land on their front foot or very close to front and rear together and their is no replant and push when their back foot touches the ground it is still going forward and they are only resisting with their front side. I think to me this is the first thing to look for...when the rear foot touches what does it do?...if it is firmly bearing weight that by definition is a replant, TECHNICALLY LEGAL the issue becomes now that you have replanted is their a push, NOT LEGAL, my contention is if you did not push after this replant you would actually lose lots of speed and any semblance of good mechanics because you would be pitching flatfooted...my 2 cents

2) You can replant without leaping (Barnhill style) usually since the two go together you will see an illegal pitch called. Then the pitcher makes a correction of dragging the toe but if they are replanting they still stop the toe dragging before the front foot lands and replant their rear foot (it's much easier mechanically to drag the toe than it is to stop replanting because one forces a change in the arm circle the other may not)

I could probably take time and find examples of each variety but don't really have time these days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619