Is this arm movement legal ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2015
To me it seems that he pushes once from the rubber and then it is a continuous motion. So just a leap and no replant ! But as I said I'm not sure to see the finesse !

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
the pause in the circle is a great indicator of a replant.
the two generally go hand-in-hand.

but if no replant,
does the ruleset dictate that the arm motion must be continuous, with no stops or pauses?
or only that it must continue forward, once forward motion has been established?

I'm pretty sure there is nothing illegal about her arm motion.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
To me it seems that he pushes once from the rubber and then it is a continuous motion. So just a leap and no replant ! But as I said I'm not sure to see the finesse !

Look carefully after the leap when the pivot foot is on the ground and the stride foot is in the air. You will see the pivot foot remain motionless while the leg straightens. What is this if not a replant and a push?

Sep 29, 2015
the pause in the circle is a great indicator of a replant.
the two generally go hand-in-hand.

but if no replant,
does the ruleset dictate that the arm motion must be continuous, with no stops or pauses?
or only that it must continue forward, once forward motion has been established?

I'm pretty sure there is nothing illegal about her arm motion.

Yeah the rule says it so : "As the pitcher pushes from the pitcher's plate, all movement of the pitching arm must be continous" - Rule 6 sec 3 i of the Internationel rule book.
I wanted everybody feelings on how she stops

Sep 29, 2015
Look carefully after the leap when the pivot foot is on the ground and the stride foot is in the air. You will see the pivot foot remain motionless while the leg straightens. What is this if not a replant and a push?

Ok I'm beginning to understand.
So what about this one ?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4Q3T2F4qVyg" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jul 22, 2015
I think in the simplest terms, there is no second push with Folkard. He leaps, lands, then releases. NOT Leap, Land and push again, then release

Sep 29, 2014
I think in the simplest terms, there is no second push with Folkard. He leaps, lands, then releases. NOT Leap, Land and push again, then release

If you can explain to me mechanically exactly how you land with the whole weight of your body on the ball of your foot and then how the only thing that takes the weight off that front foot is your momentum and that movement from the ball of your foot to your toe is simply incidental and you did not actually flex/push with your ankle/foot I am all ears. Go out and try doing that without pushing off your landing foot and let me know exactly how it turns out.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
VESPONE....
are you asking advise for a male or female?
because rules wise, its apples and oranges here. Men are allowed to leap while women must maintain pivot foot contact with the ground.
The first girl you posted is a mechanical mess! and yes she's illegal (for several things)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619