Is my DD done??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Been in a similar situation coaching DDs 10u team and one year of 12u. Daughter didn't love softball as much as I did. She liked it and wanted to play it. It just wasn't her everything like I wanted it to be. Other thing, is DD (mine not saying yours is doing this) knew she could get away with being lazy and not trying as hard when I was coaching her. I purposly had other coaches do any direct correcting of her.

The only other advise I have is to read Marriards advise above. Then re-read it.

Oct 22, 2009
Have you sat down and had a heart to heart talk with her about what she's feeling?

Every now and then I'll get a pitcher that gets in a funk and the parent will be at a loss and ask me to talk to her and when I do she says, "I don't know". I'll then ask her to go home and think about it and write it down. They do a much better job when they are allowed to just think, reflect and put it into words.

my DD is 12u comp but plays 14u comp also with pick-ups as a pitcher when I see that she is starting to get burnt out so to speak and it has never been in game wise but definitely practice burnt. If I notice her not interested in practicing I do alittle reverse psychology I usually ask her if she wants to watch some games we find on you tube of college girls or professional games 99% of the time after an hour of watching shes ready to go out and practice. for ex did it to her the other day back yard was muddy and wet it didn't matter she was in the mood to throw.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors