Is it necessary to post this score?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
Speaks to their leadership.

I recall Kentucky putting an asterisk on their result against Texas last season. No shortage of egos.

Jun 18, 2023
it's fine. it's a game, they posted the result. It's not like they're rubbing it in (and even so, who cares) that's what they're supposed to do.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
My daughter's team (D2) scrimmaged against a top SEC team. They lost 14 to 0. At the end of 7 I think the score was 4 to 0. The SEC team then scored 10 more runs in the next 3 innings. My daughter made their highlight video, unfortunately it was on the wrong side as she gave up 2 homers in the same inning. The other coach did have a nice word about our starter. It's all good though. Definitely a learning situation.

Mar 29, 2023
it's fine. it's a game, they posted the result. It's not like they're rubbing it in (and even so, who cares) that's what they're supposed to do.
I'm as big of a "if you don't like it, stop them" person as anyone, but if they put runners on base (according to above) and it wasn't actually a game...?🤔 :cautious:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Is it right or wrong? I don't know but I do know the difference as to whether a team/program has class or not and small things determine that.

One year I had a great high school baseball team. We were in the regionals and had rain. We won our first game in extra innings. We had another game and won that in extra innings. I didn't have any pitching left other than my starter who was my #3. We were playing a team that didn't have to play one game due to a bye. They were better than us. On a coin flip, we were home team and they were up 12-0 after scoring 4 in the top of the 7th. They had runners on 1st and 3rd and they ran a squeeze play. It took umpires, coaches, and about half of those in attendance from stopping me when I went after the other coach. I didn't get ejected but should have. By that time in the game, I was throwing a freshman who didn't have a varsity inning. ......................... Now that I think about it, it started when I tried to stop my assistant coach from charging the other coach. Then, he had to stop me. LOL Class is important in athletics. It is a part of how we want our teams and players recognized by other teams.

Jun 18, 2023
I'm as big of a "if you don't like it, stop them" person as anyone, but if they put runners on base (according to above) and it wasn't actually a game...?🤔 :cautious:

they kept score. There was a score to report. It's a tweet. It's not like they're that guy with the champagne on the podium meme. I don't think anyone's fooled into thinking it means this team is some juggernaut powerhouse or anything. It's just the literal facts of the thing they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad