Interference, or not?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
MTR - With all due respect, your knowledge of the book is impeccable, but your judgment is horrendous. This is completely different than rounding second and heading to third. She started at third 2 feet foul and ran 3 feet inside the line ONLY because the catcher was there. I played the game and I INTENTIONALLY did this maneuver to INTENTIONALLY interfere with the line of vision and path of the throw. I banked on umpires like you that would let me get away with this crap. This was intentional and an obvious attempt to interfere with the easy play at home.

the previous post you called this move bush league. Now you say you did this same thing. Were you bush league?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
the previous post you called this move bush league. Now you say you did this same thing. Were you bush league?

Really no such thing as "bush" league, just different levels of what people believe is competitive spirit

Nov 8, 2014
I guess its all in perspective. MTR would argue that I'm a great baserunner. Given my new information, I would now argue that my intentional act to interfere with the vision and the throw coming from behind was a headsy play and should be encouraged. With respect to bush league....I also intentionally moved those single spiked bases at third towards second when I was on defense and towards foul territory when I was on offense. Was that bush league or crafty ball playing? I never got caught.

MTR - Thank you for your interpretation and clarification of the rules regarding this play that the OP brought up. You make me a more knowledgeable coach.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06