Interesting....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest

yep, this I do.

lacysnfoppogif-L.gif

Extend hips towards ball

Nov 12, 2014
NEMO
So in this drill, you want the bat to be moving forward before the front foot is down? Sounds like drilling poor mechanics to me.

Nov 12, 2014
NEMO
Not quite seeing how this relates to the thread.

Which dusting was your favorite ... the first or second?

That's tough. They're both pretty interesting. I like the first one, because you can see the umpire walking away and not watching. But the second one ... so cleanly upturns her ...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
That's tough. They're both pretty interesting. I like the first one, because you can see the umpire walking away and not watching. But the second one ... so cleanly upturns her ...

The hit that led to the first altercation may have been avoided if the OFer hadn't used two hands in jumping at the ball over her head. Agree that the second occurrence more cleanly upturned the base runner. As for the umpire ... he seemed to know that he had a responsibility to get the ongoing play correct, and that is where he re-directed his focus.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The hit that led to the first altercation may have been avoided if the OFer hadn't used two hands in jumping at the ball over her head. Agree that the second occurrence more cleanly upturned the base runner. As for the umpire ... he seemed to know that he had a responsibility to get the ongoing play correct, and that is where he re-directed his focus.

We already have 30+ pages about these hits. No need to start it over again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA