Injured again!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
What are the workouts like and how much equipment do you need to do them?
The youth one is three workouts a week, 2 (Dynamic and Max effort) Full Body workouts with a Full Body Power and Agility workout sandwiched in between (see below for samples of each)

We did get her a gym membership to do them at but if you have space to sprint and jump along with some kettlebells and medicine balls you could do it at home I think.

I haven’t looked at the non-youth ones yet but I am guessing they are structured similarly but incorporate various barbell movements. I will have DD start that when she gets to HS. To be completely honest I don’t trust HS coaches in terms of training so that is going to have to be figured out..😂

Sample Dynamic and Max Effort workout

D0EB7D4F-940C-408D-A89F-F5D643E6C9DF.jpeg

Sample Full Body Power and Agility Workout
738FE736-3E7D-48B3-8AF1-AA850FEB4243.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
Please see what I posted in your previous thread about this issue.

Hope she heals soon!

She is seeing a dr for it, they’re at a loss to why it’s not better after 6 weeks off, it may just take more time idk.

We’re just trying to determine the root cause of it, so it stops happening.

Jan 28, 2017
She is seeing a dr for it, they’re at a loss to why it’s not better after 6 weeks off, it may just take more time idk.

We’re just trying to determine the root cause of it, so it stops happening.
Hard to tell from the video but it doesn't appear that her scapula is sliding down on her ribs as her upper arm works down. Kinda stuck and her shoulder works forward a little instead of resting on the ribs. My DD had some issues awhile back with the exact same thing. Definitely not a doctor.

Apr 17, 2019
Hard to tell from the video but it doesn't appear that her scapula is sliding down on her ribs as her upper arm works down. Kinda stuck and her shoulder works forward a little instead of resting on the ribs. My DD had some issues awhile back with the exact same thing. Definitely not a doctor.

What did you do to fix the issue? How was it diagnosed?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00