Injured again!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
So my DD had been hurt last year with a rhomboid area injury, well she has it again. She got a mri and it was a serratus anterior strain, after resting it for nearly 2 months it’s not fully better.

Does anyone have experience with kids and this injury? What in mechanics can cause it?

May 27, 2013
So my DD had been hurt last year with a rhomboid area injury, well she has it again. She got a mri and it was a serratus anterior strain, after resting it for nearly 2 months it’s not fully better.

Does anyone have experience with kids and this injury? What in mechanics can cause it?

Please see what I posted in your previous thread about this issue.

Hope she heals soon!

Jun 8, 2016
If she works out make sure whatever workout she is doing has mobility/movement work at the end of the workout..

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DD is dealing with this right now, but hers is most likely caused by having not pitched for a year and now having to for both TB and school ball. And she didn't ease back into it during the off-season like I urged her to. Luckily, her pain goes away with a few days rest. Though, it will likely take some full week breaks from throwing to let it heal in full.

We have her doing rest, mobility/movement work, and stretching to help get it healed. She says it helps.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
If you are looking for good workouts for athletes, we have been using Onlystrength (Gerry DeFilippo) stuff of late (we used the Wasserman Youngblood for about a year but she went through the programming twice and was getting sick of it). I think it is 10 bucks a month and he has new programming every month that he sends out. Has workouts for youth (which is what we are using right now) and older athletes (in-season and off-season) which concentrate on strength,speed and mobility. The only negative thing about online type stuff is you don't have somebody around to watch to make sure things are done correctly but it has exercise examples for each of the exercises and I know my way around the gym pretty well enough to kick her in the butt when need be....

Apr 17, 2019
DD is dealing with this right now, but hers is most likely caused by having not pitched for a year and now having to for both TB and school ball. And she didn't ease back into it during the off-season like I urged her to. Luckily, her pain goes away with a few days rest. Though, it will likely take some full week breaks from throwing to let it heal in full.

We have her doing rest, mobility/movement work, and stretching to help get it healed. She says it helps.

Thanks her issue is she had this last year, but kept pitching because the dr’s thought it was something else, we rested it completely for 3 mount and it was better after doing some stretching. It eventually came back even with the stretching, so it’s led us to think it’s something she’s doing mechanically.

She did pt for probably 6 months, last year and has been in it for a month now. I’m not sure if it’s related or not but she’s also had lower back issues during the same time. She’s getting an mri for that next week.

Apr 17, 2019
If you are looking for good workouts for athletes, we have been using Onlystrength (Gerry DeFilippo) stuff of late (we used the Wasserman Youngblood for about a year but she went through the programming twice and was getting sick of it). I think it is 10 bucks a month and he has new programming every month that he sends out. Has workouts for youth (which is what we are using right now) and older athletes (in-season and off-season) which concentrate on strength,speed and mobility. The only negative thing about online type stuff is you don't have somebody around to watch to make sure things are done correctly but it has exercise examples for each of the exercises and I know my way around the gym pretty well enough to kick her in the butt when need be....

What are the workouts like and how much equipment do you need to do them?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00