indoor practice areas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
My basement is way too small for that sort of setup.

I heard some stories about a local family that is rumored to have an incredible basement training facility. The father of the family was a former pro bowl wide receiver for the Jets. After retiring from the NFL, he moved back to this area, where he had gone to college. His son is now a WR for the Saints, and got to catch some passes from Russell Wilson while playing for the Badgers. Three daughters are star volleyball players.

A friend of mine says he went to visit the Toon family a few times, and saw their basement. He said it was vastly superior to just about any health club in town for workout facilities. But then, they have a little more money than most of us.

Feb 12, 2014
My Basement. The pitching lane is 43' to the target. About a foot of snow on the ground, so outside isn't an option in the Northeast.

I glued some fatigue matting down and got a piece of old turf to put over it. The "Rubber" is 2 pieces of 5/8 plywood glued together, trimmed to 24"x'6" and anchored down with a hilti gun. The tarp area is 4' x 10'.

View attachment 7467

Sweet Set-up !!

Mar 31, 2011
Basement. Full 48 feet. Setup for pitching and a sliding batting cage for hitting, which extends the full lenght on cables. Used carpet remnants for the backstop. Not long enough for a catcher though, about 3 feet short. Lose 2 feet at both ends to protect the walls ( and DD hand on back swing). Tanner tee, bownet and Jugs lite flite stacked in the corner. About 100 softballs, some for pitching some for hitting. A few of DD's teammates come over and practice as well. It gets used almost every night of the week.
photo 33.jpg
photo 44.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12