indoor practice areas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
Let see some pictures of what you have set up for practice inside. I am trying to come up with some ideas of things to set up in my garage for my 10yr old to practice.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
We use the YMCA... less than 2 blocks from house. $68mo. Can't heat the garage for that. Provides some game pressure, being a spectature. :cool:

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I'll post some tomorrow. We have a bownet for hitting into and a tarp hanging for pitching into. We have her pitching mat+plate. We also have home plate taped down by the tarp and a UPM for catching practice. This is all in our unfinished basement. I had to tuck some light fixtures into the floor joists to keep DD from breaking the bulbs when a pitch got away from her. You'd be surprised how many times she did that.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Love to see some pics of what others have done. I've been pondering how to configure this for a while. Plenty of raw materials and some heated space in the garage, just a question of whether my DW will be happy scraping windshields and suffering cold seats from her car being parked outside so the kids can practice in comfort? Need a set up that provides for pitching, catching and hitting.

Apr 28, 2014
I will try to get some pics from a dad on DD's team who's basement is set up for winter workouts.
He placed metal cage material on the ceilings to protect from balls. Ran cable 3 inches from the ceiling and threaded long nets to set up an alley.
On our own time DD's pitching coach reserved a space for us. One night a week for $40 a month at a local all sports type gym.

We also found a baseball academy near us that charges $40 a month for a family membership in their hitting cages. The cages are 40' long to a bit tight but it gives us a heated space where we can pitch, hit and get away from the wife :D
My son pitches too so it's good for all of us.

Jul 17, 2012
My Basement. The pitching lane is 43' to the target. About a foot of snow on the ground, so outside isn't an option in the Northeast.

I glued some fatigue matting down and got a piece of old turf to put over it. The "Rubber" is 2 pieces of 5/8 plywood glued together, trimmed to 24"x'6" and anchored down with a hilti gun. The tarp area is 4' x 10'.

Pitching Area.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
Here's where she hits. Another "Wing" of the basement. We had the house built with 9" ceilings in the basement so we can finish it and have 8' after the drop ceiling was installed. Well, none of that happened because it's now a softball training facility!!

Hitting Area.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild