Individual Stat app (batting/fielding)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2016
I'm a big fan of Game Changer. I like how it gives a recap of the game. Not really a necessary feature but its pretty cool none the less.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
II was planning to record more data such as the pitchers our batters were facing in each game/AB etc. ...I couldn't see for instance which teams and individual pitchers she had excelled against.

Definitely look at Game Changer or iScore then. We use GC and it keeps all the stats and history vs opponents you'll ever need. Once you have an opponent team entered, every time you play them you can see their AB history, hitting spray charts, etc. You can do a free version where only admin and coaches can see stats online, however you can download to share as well. Or you can do the paid version where everyone can see the stats.

Get a partner to share scoring the games with you. After a long weekend scoring 6-7 games, you'll feel like you played them as well. Plus, it's nice just to sit back, relax and enjoy the game without the ipad attached to you!

Jan 16, 2015
I use an app called Stat Catcher Softball. Perfect for what you are asking for.

Thanks everyone! If i wasn't clear, dd is a 2nd year 14u. I'm keeping stats just for her so she can send them out to her list of schools she's emailing. Looks like I'm gonna go with the Stat Catcher!

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I'm keeping stats just for her so she can send them out to her list of schools she's emailing.

I've heard that college coaches don't care about stats so much because they tend to get padded by well intentioned parents and coaches. What's the DFP thought on this?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Definitely look at Game Changer or iScore then. We use GC and it keeps all the stats and history vs opponents you'll ever need. Once you have an opponent team entered, every time you play them you can see their AB history, hitting spray charts, etc. You can do a free version where only admin and coaches can see stats online, however you can download to share as well. Or you can do the paid version where everyone can see the stats!

Stats are nice, but we like it because it allows parents and grandparents to follow along when they cannot be there.

Feb 15, 2016
Definitely look at Game Changer or iScore then. We use GC and it keeps all the stats and history vs opponents you'll ever need. Once you have an opponent team entered, every time you play them you can see their AB history, hitting spray charts, etc. You can do a free version where only admin and coaches can see stats online, however you can download to share as well. Or you can do the paid version where everyone can see the stats.

Get a partner to share scoring the games with you. After a long weekend scoring 6-7 games, you'll feel like you played them as well. Plus, it's nice just to sit back, relax and enjoy the game without the ipad attached to you!

I'll check those out and maybe try one if they're relatively bug free and user friendly. I've kept the scorebook before and definitely hear you on that one LOL. I'm not doing that this season I'm just going to log stats for our team.

Feb 3, 2011
I just don't want it to take away any of my enjoyment of the games.
I take it you're new to scorekeeping. ;)

If you're going to keep team stats, I'd clear it with the HC first.
Feel free to run it by the kid's HC if you want, but unless some law is being broken (e.g. drinking alcohol in a park where it's prohibited), I don't think an HC can dictate what parents do while sitting and quietly watching games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi