Indianapolis Sports Zone

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
Has anyone played in an indoor tournament at this facility? Is is really necessary to stay in their extremely limited list of "approved" hotels? Their preferred hotel has not a single room in the place with more than one bed. Ridiculous.

I'd love to know if they check hotel receipts. If not, I'm staying elsewhere!

RD, We have played there over the last 4 years and while Im not sure where the say that you must stay we stayed here. They were nice suite type rooms with a full bed and a pullout sofa bed, Stove Fridge Microwave and dishwasher. Right down the street from the SportZone. The rooms were 85 bucks plus tax. In years past we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right down the road a bit further, about the same price from what I remember.

TownePlace Suites by Marriott
Indianapolis Park 100
Indianapolis Hotels | TownePlace Suites , extended stay hotel in Indianapolis IN
Phone: 317.290.8900
Direct: 317.270.8358
Fax: 317.290.8989

Feb 12, 2014
Thanks! I'm worried about the sofa bed. No way I'm sleeping on it, and I want DD to get a good night's sleep each night we are there. In my experience hotel sofa beds are pretty much torture devices.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
It's a cool facility. We are only about 75 miles from there. The approved hotel list is just a recommendation. They are partnered up and will give a small percentage off for sport zone players.
The hotel gets additional advertising.

May 17, 2012
We just played there and while we are local no one asked us about hotels.

I suppose it's a nice facility as far as indoors but you still have the field limitations (nets on top, short porch to right field, and 175 to LF).

I think my OF only played a couple of hit balls all weekend.

Feb 18, 2014
Cincinnati, Oh.
We played there last weekend. Depending on your age group, it can be an extremely hard schedule. We played (14U) at 330am and 440am for pool play. Bracket play games (for us) were 1010pm, 1200am, 200am, and championship game at 400am. Girls and parents were totally shot come 530 (when the games were complete). I said depending on your age group because there was a 10U tourney and they got all the day light hours. Good luck and make sure your girls sleep in the day time if you have the late games!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207