"In-House" Pitching Rules after playing in Tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 2, 2016
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and looking for some information. I manage (not coach!) my daughter's 12U select team. We hope to be moving to travel come August. We are a new team and I am new to all of this and loving it! I am not aware of all of the rules and am figuring it out as I go. I am looking to sign the team up for some tournaments this Summer and have a parent concerned about the rules.

When a player pitches in a tournament, will that player be allowed to pitch on an "in house" team in the future?

The player in question is young (10) playing on a 12U team comprised of 13 year olds. We will move up to 14U in August and this particular player will not be moving with us. Since she will not have a team her Mom is concerned as the only team she will have is in house. She does not want her to be prohibited from pitching since she has played in a tournament.

Can anyone verify if this is correct? Anywhere online I can find information about this rule?

Thanks!

Jen

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Ask your house league what their rules are but it really shouldn't be a problem.

Some house leagues don't allow concurrent select/travel/house participation, other allow it - that is if you are playing in the house league you are not allowed to be on another team at the same time. But I doubt any house league has rules prohibiting former select/travel players from pitching.

But again only the board of your local house league can answer the question for sure.

Sep 29, 2014
What is "in-house" is for you? parks and rec rules? city league? LL, PONY??? You should have a commissioner that knows all the ins and outs.

Most sanctioning bodies don't care unless it is a qualifying tournament where rosters get set but each one has their own rules, so you have to understand completely in writing (usually constitution or by laws) don't take someones word for it.

May 2, 2016
Thanks everyone. In house is township ball. I will ask them for their rules and see what they say.
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors