In-game COVID-19 Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Here is So Cal we just do a quick hand drag or with cart and a quick touch up of the boxes while the teams are exiting and new teams entering dugouts.

Pray that your child never has to play outside of sunny SoCal. It is dangerous out there. Outside of SoCal, there something called "rain"....and when rain is combined with dirt, it produces "mud". Nasty, nasty stuff. Google "rain" for more information.
Seriously, you are playing in an area where softball is played 24x7. In the rest of the US, things are different.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hey now :) its was sprinkling here the other day...

So cal resident...

Mar 6, 2016
Pray that your child never has to play outside of sunny SoCal. It is dangerous out there. Outside of SoCal, there something called "rain"....and when rain is combined with dirt, it produces "mud". Nasty, nasty stuff. Google "rain" for more information.
Seriously, you are playing in an area where softball is played 24x7. In the rest of the US, things are different.

Haha...yeah yeah.... We actually lost almost half our season last year due to unusual amount of rain. But yes...we are pretty spoiled out here most of the year. 😎

Nov 25, 2012
USA
For the most part in OK, from what I have seen at the tournaments we have been at, they drag and line the fields once before the day starts and that is it..By the time the last games are played I close my eyes when a ball is hit to my kid at SS..
@pattar I saw on Twitter that they played softball last night in a tourney somewhere in OKC. No masks, fans all there, players in dugout, etc. etc. Just like normal times. Any input on what you may know?

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar I saw on Twitter that they played softball last night in a tourney somewhere in OKC. No masks, fans all there, players in dugout, etc. etc. Just like normal times. Any input on what you may know?
There were a bunch of tourneys so I don't know which one you might be referring to. Below were the rules for the one (USSSA sanctioned) DD was supposed to play in (it was rained out).

Big Fire Health and Safety Protocol for COVID19
**All posted and published local and state regulated guidelines shall be followed**

Everyone must have a mask in order to enter the ballpark. There will be a limited amount of disposable masks available for $1 at the front gate in the event you should need one. Players and coaches *while on the field* will not be required to wear their masks. Players in the dugout will need to wear their masks.

Bleachers will be blocked off to allow for 6ft social distancing.

The playground will be closed and small children should remain with their families at all times.

The bleachers, bathrooms and dugouts will be disinfected twice a day by ballpark staff.

Sunflower seeds are not allowed.

Social distancing guidelines will remain in effect. Lawn chairs and weather pods are highly encouraged.

Anyone that is experiencing symptoms of illness will be prohibited from attending the event.

There will be no team/player handshakes after the game. However, air high fives from across the field are highly encouraged!

Players should bring their own water bottles as opposed to a team cooler.

Pre-game conference should be attended by one coach from each team plus the umpires. No players allowed at the conference.

Each team will bring their own softball out on defense.

Parents are highly encouraged to bring antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer for disinfecting shared playing equipment and cleaning hands in between innings.

All teams are required to clean their dugout of all trash and other items after each game and wipe down the benches and bat rack before leaving.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
The sunflower seeds not allowed is a big one!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks @pattar ! Looked just like an normal tourney! Not saying that is right or wrong and just hope and pray SOFTBALL will return everywhere soon.

Feb 15, 2017
Been watching some live-streams on these tournaments in OK and you would have no idea there are restrictions in place. Kids in dugouts, parents behind backstops, umps right behind catchers and not a mask to be seen one. Play ball!!

Aug 3, 2019
Been watching some live-streams on these tournaments in OK and you would have no idea there are restrictions in place. Kids in dugouts, parents behind backstops, umps right behind catchers and not a mask to be seen one. Play ball!!
Well that is the second part of it, enforcement and how you handle that.

We are trying to get rules ready for our season, starting in July (upstate NY), hopefully. Will push the rec teams to August and September. Try to salvage whatever we can of TB. Hopefully we can get 2 tourneys in plus the one we host.

As for field prep, hand drag each between games, restripe the boxes and and touch up elsewhere. It is not hard, just takes effort. We have 8 fields in our complex.

Jun 8, 2016
I've been social distancing at my kid's games since she started playing :LOL: . Wife and two younger sons will not attending for the time being. DD will be with either myself or her team in between games, no wandering around the ball park. I think that, along with staying away from the rest rooms (or if you have to go being vigilant with your hygiene) is the best course of action at the moment. If the situation in a community is so bad that you have to mess around with the game on the field then you really shouldn't be playing to begin with.

Feb 15, 2017
I've been social distancing at my kid's games since she started playing :LOL: . Wife and two younger sons will not attending for the time being. DD will be with either myself or her team in between games, no wandering around the ball park. I think that, along with staying away from the rest rooms (or if you have to go being vigilant with your hygiene) is the best course of action at the moment. If the situation in a community is so bad that you have to mess around with the game on the field then you really shouldn't be playing to begin with.

Agree 100% with what you said. Same here - just being a little more careful than normal with being around people as little as possible, washing hands diligently and just limited interaction in general. If it was that easy that they could get it on a ball field between a catcher and batter then we would have millions of deaths already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi