Illegal Pitch Not Called

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
In our District for 10U all stars, the host league provides the umpires, not the district. While many host leagues provide adults with years of experience, others do not. Our league uses college students home for the summer who learned as student umpires from 7th grade through 12th grade umpiring the rec league. I don't recall an IP ever being called. Not that this is right, but this is what happens when provision for umpires is left to local discretion.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
It was unsportsmanlike for you to knowingly put a player on the field knowing that she would violate the rules and to also gain an advantage while doing so. It was wrong to your daughter, as soon became evident by what happened. It was wrong to the other team. Doesn't really sound genuine to me that you "had been working on it" before the tournament and it wasn't fixed; yet, the day after, all is bliss.

^^^absurd. I guess it is unsportsmanlike to let an aggressive base runner, who might leave a tad early occasionally, run the bases as well? A little rear foot daylight is a rule violation yes, but it is not an advantage.

Mar 2, 2013
The hypocracy I am seeing in this thread is disgusting. The same people who want illegal pitches call, bash umpires for not calling them, never want to hear the "no advantage" argument or anything about leniency are all doing an 180. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Find a mirror people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32