Ill-equipped, 22 y/o, unmotivated TB HC in WAYYY over her head...when/if to step in?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Cannot help but think that if the HC was a 22yo male, former baseball player who never played an inning of fastpitch that someone on this board would singing a much different tune. Expect she would be passing out pitch forks, lighting torches, and calling for his summary removal to be replaced with a former college fastpitch player.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
It sounds to me like you have done about everything you can do. I am big on following through on commitments once they are made, and it sounds like you have seriously tried to do that. Both for your DD and the others on the team. Sometimes you just don't have any other options. Good luck to you and your DD!

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Cannot help but think that if the HC was a 22yo male, former baseball player who never played an inning of fastpitch that someone on this board would singing a much different tune. Expect she would be passing out pitch forks, lighting torches, and calling for his summary removal to be replaced with a former college fastpitch player.

Actually, I think if a 22 yo former D1 baseball player was coaching a youth travel baseball team, the baseball parents would have run him out of town quicker than the softball parents. Baseball parents are NUTS!:cool:

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
DD quit the team today. It hurt to watch her say goodbye to her teammates and it was hard for DW and I to say goodbye to the parents. Oh well, nothing worthwhile is easy. We look forward to the new team and to see how a real TB team should be run. Thanks again for all who gave sane advice and input.

Nov 29, 2009
DD quit the team today. It hurt to watch her say goodbye to her teammates and it was hard for DW and I to say goodbye to the parents. Oh well, nothing worthwhile is easy. We look forward to the new team and to see how a real TB team should be run. Thanks again for all who gave sane advice and input.

Good luck to your DD with the new team. Hopefully things work out with the new team and the situation with the old team improves. Tell your DD she is leaving the team and not the friendships she's made with the other girls. She will see the other girls at the fields over the summer and beyond. You will run into the other parents at the field.

Sometimes the friendships from softball last a life time. I know my oldest DD's best friend as they move into their adult lives is a girl she played ball with in HS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd