If you can get in a car you can forward by coil!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
I was talking with my DD about the A$$/BB coiling feel. Out of the blue She tells me She's been working on it every time She gets in the car. Really? Show me.....

Jcoilingintocar3_zpsb34bd28f.gif

With a goal of keeping the front hip/shoulder down as much as possible while getting in the car using no hands She is working on going forward by coil while using Her core muscles to keep the torso balanced. Obviously some tilt will be seen at the belt line as there is an obstruction(the top of the car) that must be avoided.

See anything that fits your definition RAY?

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
coilingintothecar_zps182e35d1.gif

It looks like the front side balance is missing due to the upper obstacle(the top of the car) although the core must be used to maintain balance THEN released at the time of tilt to avoid hitting the shoulder on the car.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What is preventing Bonds from countering his shoulders during his forward by coil?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I was talking with my DD about the A$$/BB coiling feel. Out of the blue She tells me She's been working on it every time She gets in the car. Really? Show me.....

With a goal of keeping the front hip/shoulder down as much as possible while getting in the car using no hands She is working on going forward by coil while using Her core muscles to keep the torso balanced. Obviously some tilt will be seen at the belt line as there is an obstruction(the top of the car) that must be avoided.

IMO, you need to buy a convertible so your DD can practice without the obstruction.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
How would I package that to the wife?
"Oh, by the way hunny, we need this new convertible so we can work on coil!" :). :)

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

This post made me laugh... Keep up the interest in sports...:)

SL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs