Fancy Meeting You Here! A cool story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
Ok so I just returned from visiting a very good friend who recently moved away to a small town just north of Tucson for retirement. He invited me to play in his member-guest golf tourney at his private course and I couldn’t refuse.

Everyday he has a ritual of taking his 2 dogs to a dog park in the area. He says it’s one of his “new social network of friends”. So yesterday we loaded up the pups and head to the dog park. When we get there there are several folks chitty chatting away while the dogs romp around. He introduces me to a few of his dog park friends. He tells me one of the guys used to play fastpitch in Michigan so he and I start a dialogue. I tell him I used to pitch in Nor Cal and starting teaching pitching and coaching youth softball at the national travel ball level.

While I’m talking with this gentleman I notice a little girl about 10yo, who was over hearing our conversation, start to mimic the fastpitch pitching motion with her arms and legs. She promptly proclaims “I Like To Pitch”. To which I reply “hey that’s awesome!” Then I ask her if someone is teaching her to pitch and she says “my gramma“!

My friend then says “oh yes her gramma is a well known and very well respected coach around here. Common I’ll introduce you two, her name is Amy”. Well of course I walk over and say “Hi Amy From Arizona”, as I was wondering if she was our “Amy From Arizona”. I knew the answer as soon as she responded “what’s you name on the fastpitch board?”

Her reaction was more then precious when I replied, “Hi, I’m Boardmember”.

We chatted for a bit. What a great gal Amy is! And of course, her granddaughter, who is both precious and precocious, just happened to have a couple of gloves and a ball in the car. So she fetched them and we had lots of fun working on some basics while pitching at the local dog park in Arizona.

I was very lucky to meet them both!

Small world......

Aug 21, 2008
Ok so I just returned from visiting a very good friend who recently moved away to a small town just north of Tucson for retirement. He invited me to play in his member-guest golf tourney at his private course and I couldn’t refuse.

Everyday he has a ritual of taking his 2 dogs to a dog park in the area. He says it’s one of his “new social network of friends”. So yesterday we loaded up the pups and head to the dog park. When we get there there are several folks chitty chatting away while the dogs romp around. He introduces me to a few of his dog park friends. He tells me one of the guys used to play fastpitch in Michigan so he and I start a dialogue. I tell him I used to pitch in Nor Cal and starting teaching pitching and coaching youth softball at the national travel ball level.

While I’m talking with this gentleman I notice a little girl about 10yo, who was over hearing our conversation, start to mimic the fastpitch pitching motion with her arms and legs. She promptly proclaims “I Like To Pitch”. To which I reply “hey that’s awesome!” Then I ask her if someone is teaching her to pitch and she says “my gramma“!

My friend then says “oh yes her gramma is a well known and very well respected coach around here. Common I’ll introduce you two, her name is Amy”. Well of course I walk over and say “Hi Amy From Arizona”, as I was wondering if she was our “Amy From Arizona”. I knew the answer as soon as she responded “what’s you name on the fastpitch board?”

Her reaction was more then precious when I replied, “Hi, I’m Boardmember”.

We chatted for a bit. What a great gal Amy is! And of course, her granddaughter, who is both precious and precocious, just happened to have a couple of gloves and a ball in the car. So she fetched them and we had lots of fun working on some basics while pitching at the local dog park in Arizona.

I was very lucky to meet them both!

Small world......

Yea, it's s small world. But I wouldn't want to have to paint it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00