Ideal number of tournaments/games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
About 70% of the players on DD's TB team are committed (18U). As of right now we have 6 tournaments on the schedule - 2 showcases and 4 that aren't. They will probably add one more. As one of the committed players, we are only going to go to one of the showcase tourneys - partly as a cost cutting measure (the other one is a 12 hour one way drive for us) and also so that DD can earn some money this summer for school. She is an ASA umpire - she can work a tourney that weekend and make over $350.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
DD is a 2018 and for the last two summers she has played in 7 or 8 tournaments, starting in June before school gets out and finishing the first weekend in August. one year we played July 4 another year we did not. that program also scheduled 1 or 2 scrimmages in the fall and 1 tournament in the fall (though the PD claimed they always play 2). In HS, fall activities (camps) start in mid to late August and if the kid is doing any other sport, they wouldn't be able to make the tournaments or fall practice.

I'm not sure where HS kids find the time to play 15 tournaments. As for me, we have no family vacations, I'm going deeper in debt and I can't afford to play at tournaments every weekend that require an overnight or two. DD will be looking only at colleges in our region and (this year) won't be playing any tournaments outside a 2 hr radius of home. Most of these are not far from the schools she's looking at.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06