I bit my lip and turned away...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
And for those that think people won’t go to great lengths to be good, the pitcher that just won 12u Nationals is from Ohio. Her Ohio team played in Cali twice in the spring. She was so good, she got picked off by a Cali team. Here’s a link: Firecrackers fire no-hitter for softball title | The Montgomery Advertiser | montgomeryadvertiser.com

It was obvious she was a fantastic pitcher.

We faced her with her Ohio team and got a hit off her. When that happened our fans where a little loud and a little obnoxious and I’m sure the head coach was a little ornery with the Ohio coach. Next time the girl came up to bat, the Ohio team switched pitchers to the coaches daughter, first pitch, a perfect shot right to her ribs. When you’re a pitcher who has pitched as much as she has, you’ll miss by inches but not “feet”. A few batter later, they went back to their ace.

Some will call it competiveness, some will call it craziness (switching team, hitting kids, etc…) but it’s happening at a very young age - so simply specializing in one sport is a virtual requirement for some.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The 10U national champs was a CA. team with a southern AZ. pitcher. That is a bit closer than Ohio, to CA., but it is still quite a trip, to play on a team.

How come those dads aren't on here, bragging about their kids? :)

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
How come those dads aren't on here, bragging about their kids? :)

They don't have to. The newspapers and other teams say more than enough about thier kids.

I've come to the conclusion that parents/coachs that talk a lot about how great thier players and teams are...usually aren't. The ones that just smile and nod at you...better bring your A game.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Amy: I guess those parents don't need to get on a forum to toot the horn of their offspring. I have a friend from SoCal - DD just committed to an Ivy League school here back East. He has been nothing but helpful in guiding the DD & I through the world of club softball.

He always cautioned me to be realistic about DD's talent level, which is difficult but necessary for a parent. I did mention to him over the weekend that if I needed to let him know how good DD was, she isn't. The softball world is small enough that me may have heard a rumor about "a kid back East".

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
that is what we did tonight and for grins she hit 24 of the TCS balls. I'm not saying anything but I see she still likes it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA