HS vs TB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2012
South Texas
Hey guys! first of all let me say I love this website and although this is my first post, I've made my way through many of the threads and i appreciate all the pics, vids, and discussions made.

As a middle school Fastpitch coach, we depend on girls getting their summer and winter ball from the travel coaches. Unfortunatly, our town is knee deep in kickball and most of our athletes coming into middle school are new to the sport. We only have a couple of weeks to not only field a team, but teach them all the fundamentals of the game.
When we play cities that don't have kickball, their softball teams are way more advanced.

So i'd like to make my first post to thank all those moms and dads out there coaching and teaching for free and us "school coaches" benefitting from there hard work. Secondly, all the technical, analytical posts about throwing, fielding, and batting, I can now pinpoint and offer better advice. Thanks a bunch!

Coach G

"friends dont let friends play kickball"

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
By kickball do you mean soccer? Or is kickball in your neck of TX a separate and distinct evil anti-SB plot?

Welcome, thank you, and good luck regardless!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
yes, no, i mean kickball as totally anti-SB, bad throwing, bad fielding, etc. Little Miss Kickball International, Inc.

Wow, no lie it really is kickball - a throwback to those olden time elementary school days!
I liked the following from the tournament website

"A NOTE FROM OUR PRESIDENT

Approximately 765 girls participated in the LMKII State Tournament this 4th of July weekend hosted by NWCC LMK. We had a wonderful four days together and hope to have many more. Congratulations to "All" because in my book everyone of these girls is a winner. This is why they are called the All Star Teams. Thank you again coaches, fans, parents, umpires, league officers and NWCC staff. Kickball Rocks"

Lots and lots of luck to you, CoachG!

Jul 26, 2010
We have co-ed kickball at some of the slowpitch complexes out here. It exists mostly because it's better to not have drunk people running around with bats.

-W

Jul 26, 2010
I wish they had competitive Dodgeball, that's one game I was really good at.

See, you need to move to California. There's are two dodgeball leagues that I'm aware of. One plays at a City Beach club, and the other is a trampoline center that has a dodgeball specific enclosed arena (trampoline floors and 45 degree trampoline walls) that has a dodgeball league. My kid had a birthday party there years ago and I was wondering if SNL was filming at the time, but it was just league night ;)

-W

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
See, you need to move to California. There's are two dodgeball leagues that I'm aware of. One plays at a City Beach club, and the other is a trampoline center that has a dodgeball specific enclosed arena (trampoline floors and 45 degree trampoline walls) that has a dodgeball league. My kid had a birthday party there years ago and I was wondering if SNL was filming at the time, but it was just league night ;)

-W

Sounds like fun!! Nothing better than hurling a ball at someone's head, and not getting ejected. Lol

I remember we could play dodge ball in elementary and middle school, my freshman year of HS is when they banned it in TN. I was crushed. They said it was too aggressive, glad to know football, rugby, and wrestling are softer sports. :)

Apr 1, 2010
Goodness. Back in the late 60's-early 70's, we often played kickball at recess, but no one ever considered it a serious sport. We were trapped on the playground and it was simply something to do. Drunken kickball sounds like a lot of fun!

DD's grade school had organized kickball teams at recess. I thought she'd enjoy it and asked her about it once, but she looked at me as though I was insane. They do still play dodgeball during PE, however, and just as in my childhood, it's co-ed. From what she has recounted, the boys at her middle school did not take DD seriously and she was able to deal out some big hits this year. ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG