how to spend team money

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

jay

Mar 29, 2010
holland, oh
thanks for the great responses, guys. after sending feelers out to my girls and discussing with my rear't, we're going with some basic equipment then new unis. should be fun.

next question...where do you coaches buy your equipment? i can't believe it's at an overpriced place like dicks??? what about craigslist/ebay?

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Most equipment I buy online. Softball.com, bettersoftball.com, There are dozens. Sometimes you can find higher priced equip. on Ebay pretty reasonable. Some lower priced items, like tees it's easier just to pick up locally. Uniforms are a little harder if you don't already have a co. you deal with. Just look at other organizations with nice uni's and ask who they deal with. The bigger orgs usually know where to find the best deals. Get them ordered ASAP though, 'cause sometimes they take a while. Good luck and have fun!

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I just went through the process of buying uniforms and I was surprised how small everything ran, and how "fitted" many of the styles were. I'm very lucky I brought samples home before my final decision and purchase.

I HIGHLY suggest you purchase your uniforms through a private local sports supply shop...not a chain like "Dicks or Sports Authority". A local distributor will be able to get you samples of different styles from a couple different manufacturers. I recommend you get a few sample sizes (S, M, L, XL) of each type of uniform you are considering. You will be surprised how the sizes vary from one style to the next and from one manufacturer to another. When you get the samples have you daughter and a few of her friends try the uniforms on for proper sizes and what they like best by looks and feel.

Good Luck and Enjoy.

I HIGHLY suggest you purchase your uniforms through a private local sports supply shop...not a chain like "Dicks or Sports Authority". A local distributor will be able to get you samples of different styles from a couple different manufacturers. I recommend you get a few sample sizes (S, M, L, XL) of each type of uniform you are considering. You will be surprised how the sizes vary from one style to the next and from one manufacturer to another. When you get the samples have you daughter and a few of her friends try the uniforms on for proper sizes and what they like best by looks and feel.

Locals the way to go!
We have "jersy fitting night" Mom's love'em! each team member knows and is responsible for the accuracy,
absolutly have a spec/spread sheet for mom to fill out Size-Last name- jersy #

Oct 10, 2010
It's pretty easy to find good prices on equipment online. EBay or a sports etailer or Amazon.com. On bulky items, eBay isn't always the best mainly due to shipping charges. Many etailers give free shipping on orders over a certain amount (like $99). If you can find a parent with an Amazon prime account and have them buy an item sold by Amazon, the shipping is free.

I agree on the local fitting and getting plenty of samples to try on. Why do the jerseys always seem to run so darned slim? Sure some of the girls are slender little things, but some aren't. Have the clothing designers ever seen softball teams???

Feb 9, 2011
Academy Sports is a great place to pick up equipment cheap. They blow Sports Authority and Dicks out of the water. Play it Again sports is another option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12