How Should we handle this ?????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2010
again I appreciate all the responses. Well tonight we have batting practice, and the coach wants to talk to me. So I hope all goes well for my little one.
JWP

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
If you know and trust this organization, can you not just simply ask the coaches what their rationale and logic was for the move? Maybe they think very highly of your DD that she can be a leader of the younger team, solidify the infield, etc. Instead of speculation just ask them, this way you know definitively if they were looking out for your DD or it was an intentional slight. Good luck with the meeting.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
Hello All

My daughter is a second year 14u player. She recently tried out for a very competitive organization that has two 14u teams.

Very competitive teams don't get that way just by chance, so chances are pretty good that they have a master plan here. She was on the older team, then got moved, so again, something in their plan changed. Maybe they want her to get more playing time so next season she will be one of the top girls on the older team. Maybe they need her to be a leader on the younger team. Maybe they really like her and are thinking ahead to the future, but want to see if they are bringing in someone who's carrying alot of mommy and daddy baggage. Maybe, maybe, maybe.....

It's hard for parents to have a realistic and accurate view of the way their child performs. I ride my 2 DD's twice as hard as any other player I coach, just to overcompensate for the "rose colored glasses" of also being their dad. Eventually this is just as bad for them as having a parent who thinks they are the greatest ball player ever, and I will have to step away and let someone else be their coach and make the decisions on how and where they should play. Sucks, but that is the way it is.

So my suggestion would be, let it go. Don't try to second guess what it is they are trying to accomplish with the girls as a GROUP, not just on an individual basis. I do understand that there are people out there you wouldn't trust with your dog, much less your DD, but if you can't put at least a little faith in them, why would you have her on this team to begin with? Who knows, this could be the point you look back on in four or five years, as you watch your daughter take the field for blah blah D1 college, and say "man those guys really knew what they were doing".:)

Apr 8, 2010
Hopefully all will go well and there is a real reason for this move. its great to have support on this site it makes you see things in a different view.

Jun 16, 2010
1) its not up to you to decide which team she is on, it is up to them, and they decided. Accept it, or go elsewhere.

2) I can think of lots and lots of organizations each year with multiple teams where the younger team is better than the older team . And Im talking about national contender organizations. Where a '96 team is better than a '95, or even when a 14U better than a 16U. Dont be hung up on 1 yr average age.

I will also point out that Power Surge, that tied for 5th at ASA nationals 14u this yr was a 1st yr 14U team. Not too shabby. Some even had favored them to win it all. Really, dont let it concern you. The coaching is more important than the ages. TN Fury 96 and 95 both were in top 10 too, an outstanding accomplishment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse