How much support for a Like & Dislike button on here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
We are all "guests" on this site. You act with the same respect on here as you would being a guest at someone's home. When someone is the host you bite your tongue, leave, or choose to find a common ground to continue the relationship.

Do I agree with the moderators all the time, no. Do I think they do a great job of keeping things civil and promote a great place to discuss this game, absolutely YES.

Have I stuck my foot in my mouth here, yes. But hopefully we move beyond that in a day or two and continue to Discuss Fastpitch.

I think most of the negativity is the same as the negativity after a long season of ball. Tempers flare, people's egos get stepped on, teammates are on edge. If you look it's all along the same time line, coincidence? I've noticed this forum is at its best from December to February. I think the time off makes us eager to hit the fields and also gives us time to cool off from all the pressures of the game.

Each one of you, despite our differences, keep me coming back each day. A good group of folks on here.

I can agree with ALL ^^^.... I think I even extend that to the OP... I kinda feel like when some one starts a thread, It's like their room in the house, at least for a while...as long as they show that they are "thankful" for the help, and host their questions, with feeedback... I do know that lotz are new, and haven't even found the the thanks button...and others might get scared when a argument breaks out, and they might feel responsible for starting it... If it is something I can understand, and feel I can offer Help, because of "MY Experiences" that I have documentation for, in one form or another. Even if its out there, Its true, I really did think that, and did it...Lotz of my stuff is what DD wants me to ask, and when we talk about what we are going to do, she will consider the consensuses from DFP as good research. She & DDM also enjoys me getting put in my place. I'm very happy to be able let them be able to have my password, and keep tabs on what I write...DDM said she is not worried about me having a girlfriend, because no one else would have me. Also believe it or not, I do have friends and foes in the very public world of being on teams. You can bet the farm that my foes can find me on here ! Also To be honest, we are looking for new stuff, and when I come up with stuff that nobody can agree with, its like saying sic'em to a bulldog, I think I got something, at least a starting concept...

I feel like I'm kinda the market that alot of this info is for. I have a DD starting out in TB and I feel because of this site, I have the edge on her rivals. I have went to... and purchased several products on recommendation from here... I am very Happy with each and every one. I'm going to get the catching DVD I learned about yesterday, and I already know, it will be another Prime acquisition to our Arsenal.
I can even see when people are doing the stuff that I don't want DD doing, that they aren't even doing it right as it is taught. I can recommend this site for them to get better insight on the things that we don't even do. Anyone on our team, has my attention. I don't care if it is lineal, or rational that they choose, but they need to do it the way its taught, and we can all get better results.

GoingDeep.... I should have just asked you about the dis like button... You gave me the emoticon idea, that will work for what I was asking... Greenmonster... I will get the signature straightened out. Animation smiley-big.jpg

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
PC, I think we've got a problem. I'm not sure that anyone will be able to take issue with anything you've stated in your last post. And since its well organized and concise, has distinct sentences and paragraphs, the spelling and capitalization issues, like Buster Posey's finish, can be written off as trivial details reflective of personal style.

And the new signature is perfect - it will be your get out of jail free card - no one will be able to say that they weren't forewarned!

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
We are all "guests" on this site. You act with the same respect on here as you would being a guest at someone's home. When someone is the host you bite your tongue, leave, or choose to find a common ground to continue the relationship.

Do I agree with the moderators all the time, no. Do I think they do a great job of keeping things civil and promote a great place to discuss this game, absolutely YES.

Have I stuck my foot in my mouth here, yes. But hopefully we move beyond that in a day or two and continue to Discuss Fastpitch.

I think most of the negativity is the same as the negativity after a long season of ball. Tempers flare, people's egos get stepped on, teammates are on edge. If you look it's all along the same time line, coincidence? I've noticed this forum is at its best from December to February. I think the time off makes us eager to hit the fields and also gives us time to cool off from all the pressures of the game.

Each one of you, despite our differences, keep me coming back each day. A good group of folks on here.

This is an awesome post, and a tremendous description of what actually happens here. I couldn't have said it better myself. While I hit the Thanks button I also wanted to call it out separately because it's so well-stated. And I wanted to thank GOINGDEEP for the support, especially since I had to delete one of his other posts in consideration of the sensitivities some members may have.

We moderators don't close threads lightly. The usual reason is that a thread went far off-topic and has deteriorated into a very few people hurling insults at one another in an effort to prove they are right about something. In that aspect it turns into a political campaign where people aren't making valid points anymore - they're just trying to smear the other person. At that point it's time to shut it down. If the two or four or however many people are involved still want to hurl insults at one another they're free to do it via email or whatever other mechanism they choose to set up and pay for themselves.

As for your "right" to free speech, allow me to point out that the Constitution of the United States of America doesn't apply here for a number of reasons, not the least of which is this site is actually run out of Canada. Marc Dagenais, the site owner, is Canadian and all the servers are in Canada. So you can quit wasting your time trying to make that argument.

Above and beyond that, however, we have rules of conduct on the Board, with the #1 rule being polite discussion only. If you can't adhere to that rule posts will be deleted, threads will be closed and in extreme cases users will be banned. Our objective here is to discuss the game, share experiences, and have a place on the Internet where people feel comfortable asking questions and providing answers. Angry posts, personal attacks and general vitriol go against that objective. There are plenty of places where you can do that on the Internet. Just don't be surprised when it turns on you someday.

Think of the moderators as judges in a court of law. We don't make the laws. It is merely up to us to determine if they're being followed. In addition it's not our job to judge who is right or who is wrong on a particular topic. I am always amused when we get flamed for letting so-and-so post "misinformation." You can post whatever crazy ideas you have as long as you do it nicely. The market will decide what is valid and what is not, who knows what they're talking about and who does not.

When a thread becomes counter-productive we close it. If it get particularly nasty we delete it simply because by the time we got done editing it to remove the garbage and nastiness there wouldn't be enough left to make it worth keeping. We also occasionally delete one when a member discovers that the thinly veiled description of the stupid things the head coach is doing is on the Internet for anyone to see -- and the head coach has seen it.

The single best way to keep threads open is to do what GOINGDEEP said -- remember you are a guest in the house and act accordingly. Be polite to others and stay on-topic. Then it won't be an issue.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Think of the moderators as judges in a court of law. We don't make the laws. It is merely up to us to determine if they're being followed. In addition it's not our job to judge who is right or who is wrong on a particular topic. I am always amused when we get flamed for letting so-and-so post "misinformation." You can post whatever crazy ideas you have as long as you do it nicely. The market will decide what is valid and what is not, who knows what they're talking about and who does not.

PC, I think we've got a problem. I'm not sure that anyone will be able to take issue with anything you've stated in your last post. And since its well organized and concise, has distinct sentences and paragraphs, the spelling and capitalization issues, like Buster Posey's finish, can be written off as trivial details reflective of personal style.

And the new signature is perfect - it will be your get out of jail free card - no one will be able to say that they weren't forewarned!

Greenmonster, i think you are right!!! I guess the next thing I need is to ask about is if signatures can be put at the top instead of the bottom...talk about a get out of jail card..s... ^^^ If nobody likes the signature at top, I can just re-post this at the top of every one of my comments, to give my new perfect signature emphasis :{)) Your right we got a problem now !!! Guess I can just stay out of trying to figure out how this forum is run, and get back to ruining DD's career, with just my presence. My idea, of expressing "MY IDEAS" in the real world, is pretty effective at gettin good Coaches to hurry up and spit out the good stuff, and save DD from me :{))

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
While we're at it, I would like the following buttons:

Bush!
Please put down the kool-aid/crack pipe/Rust-o-leum
Please step down from the soap box/horse/pulpit
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?

May 25, 2010
I would just like to highlight one last point for PC, which is that the IGNORE button solves pretty much every issue you'll ever have here.

Mar 13, 2010
as for your "right" to free speech, allow me to point out that the constitution of the united states of america doesn't apply here for a number of reasons, not the least of which is this site is actually run out of canada. Marc dagenais, the site owner, is canadian and all the servers are in canada. So you can quit wasting your time trying to make that argument.

loooooooooooooooool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd