How much is too much

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Thanks everyone. Found out DD said something to the coach Saturday at their tournament because she was sick. And then said something tonight. He said "varsity gets priority in regards to the players and 2 of the other pitchers rotate starting in the OF for varsity". I'm sure they can pitch a game and then go and stand in the OF.

1st yes varsity has priority but one would think the varsity coach would understand the importance of keeping players healthy. The JV coach needs to figure something out.

2nd I know you are frustrated but I hope at this age group you don't think of the OF as just standing around. They are pretty useful at times.

May 12, 2014
chinamigarden, I greatly value the OF. My DD plays a ton of OF in the summer and loves it. My point was if he feels that my DD can have the endurance to keep pitching....surely the other player can pitch and go play OF. Less strain than pitching every game.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD pitched too much in MS, it was amusing at 1st because she was not able to pitch at all during the Team season which was the source of a lot of aggregation.

HC knew it was a problem and offered pitching leassons before school, Monday through Thursday. As far as I know no one took him up on his offeright. Coach was trying but does not mean they can throw my DD's arm out.

I think DD would rather pitch for JV then be just someone on varsity.

Oct 19, 2009
The past weekend I went and watched the middle school team play where my DD is one of the assistant coaches, her first year to coach, the head coach is the high school baseball coach. Saturday they played in a tournament hosted by another school. They played five games in one day, one of the players collapsed from heat exhaustion and had to be taken to the local hospital by ambulance. The test all came back negative and she is expected to fully recover. The coaches and the School resource officer were all very help full to the child and her parents during this medical episode, so I thank them for all they did to help the family.

They played 5 games Saturday and they have 2 pitchers, then they have games Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, IMO a lot of games for only 2 pitchers and these are 5th and 6th graders no 8th graders are on the team, the are playing high school jv. I would like to see some restrictions in place to protect the these young pitchers from injury.

May 17, 2012
I would like to see some restrictions in place to protect the these young pitchers from injury.

If only there were people that were responsible for her and could advocate on her behalf.

Leave the arcane pitch count rules to baseball.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The past weekend I went and watched the middle school team play where my DD is one of the assistant coaches, her first year to coach, the head coach is the high school baseball coach. Saturday they played in a tournament hosted by another school. They played five games in one day, one of the players collapsed from heat exhaustion and had to be taken to the local hospital by ambulance. The test all came back negative and she is expected to fully recover. The coaches and the School resource officer were all very help full to the child and her parents during this medical episode, so I thank them for all they did to help the family.

They played 5 games Saturday and they have 2 pitchers, then they have games Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, IMO a lot of games for only 2 pitchers and these are 5th and 6th graders no 8th graders are on the team, the are playing high school jv. I would like to see some restrictions in place to protect the these young pitchers from injury.

Are the coaches that helped the girl after she collapsed the same idiots that agreed to the schedule? This falls squarely on the coaches and administrators who have failed miserably.

Apr 28, 2016

Peppers, they didn't happen to be playing in Leesburg, GA on Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles