How much does 10U travel softball cost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Welcome to the end of your life as you know it! Honestly from second year of 8U through 14's we never paid a dime for any softball expenses. We might chip in for a tourney or two if our fundraiser wasn't as good as normal. We sold beer at the Talladega races twice a year and made enough to cover our team budget of over $10,000 for the summer of the second year of 14's.

In 10U our team probably spent $5,000 on entry fees for the fall/summer. Uniforms were probably $150 per player. Our facility fee was $50 for the fall and $100 for the summer. With the entry fees split evenly between 12 kids if we had paid it would have wound up around $725 for a full year.

The travel and hotels is where it can get expensive. We had to travel our second year of 10U to find competition. The girls did not lose a game to a team from Alabama for a year and a half. We played in Atlanta or Chattanooga as much as we did here around Birmingham.

Jun 27, 2021
We are in Raleigh, NC. I think I have seen there will be about 6 tournaments. There are about 15 girls on the team. Doesn't the cost of the tournaments get divided by the entire team so more girls would mean less per person. Right?
15 girls on a 10U team is 3-4 too many.

Jun 27, 2021
10U "should be" around $500-800 if you're playing 6 tournaments. No reason for 10U to pay franchise /uniform or any
Two uniforms
Helmet
practice field
bat bag
2 hr. radius tournaments.

Maybe a destination trip at the end of the year as a second year 10U. Excited 1st year coaches/parents make the mistake of believing they have to get all the bells and whistles of high cost of travel ball. 10U is just a small step up from rec league for 95%

Apr 20, 2015
We are in Raleigh, NC. I think I have seen there will be about 6 tournaments. There are about 15 girls on the team. Doesn't the cost of the tournaments get divided by the entire team so more girls would mean less per person. Right?

If there are 15 girls on your 10u team change teams now and don’t worry about how much it will cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2022
I think there will be 14 from what I was told. My daughter will be playing in both pool and bracket games. We had a catcher get injured and miss some time and there were usually 11 or 12 that would be at the tournaments. So, that is in line with what everyone has been saying. With COVID and people having to miss, I think that is why there is a buffer in place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi