How much does 10U travel softball cost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2022
We are new to the softball travel circuit and trying to gage how much this venture will cost us. What do people normally pay? Is it a one-time payment or each month? I know you are paying for practice locations, tournaments, coaching, insurance, uniforms, etc. Tons of stuff. Just trying to figure out what the average cost may be. Thanks for the insight.

Sep 19, 2018
Where do you live? southern Cal? Near NYC? the number is going to vary. My DD first year was $800. 1 fall tournament, 4 spring. 2 weekly practices for the better part of 11 months. Included, uni, bag, helmet, etc...
The next org was 2K, but more tournies.

Jan 22, 2022
Where do you live? southern Cal? Near NYC? the number is going to vary. My DD first year was $800. 1 fall tournament, 4 spring. 2 weekly practices for the better part of 11 months. Included, uni, bag, helmet, etc...
The next org was 2K, but more tournies.
We are in Raleigh, NC. I think I have seen there will be about 6 tournaments. There are about 15 girls on the team. Doesn't the cost of the tournaments get divided by the entire team so more girls would mean less per person. Right?

Sep 9, 2019
Depending on the team, as DD ages, dues are a small part. Hotels, meals, bats, lessons, gloves, gear.......we were in the $10g range/yr after 14u. The experience and family time is worth it for us. No real reason to travel much at 10u so I would expect you can find a good fit for all in below 1500. Depends on your willingness to commit. Hard to do at 10 years old

Jan 22, 2022
Depending on the team, as DD ages, dues are a small part. Hotels, meals, bats, lessons, gloves, gear.......we were in the $10g range/yr after 14u. The experience and family time is worth it for us. No real reason to travel much at 10u so I would expect you can find a good fit for all in below 1500. Depends on your willingness to commit. Hard to do at 10 years old
$10K a year from 14 years old and up?!?! Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Nov 23, 2021
SC
My DD 10u team was dads coaching at no cost, used city fields for practice at little to no expenses, we fundraised hard before the season started and that paid for uniforms and about 2 tournaments a month. Usually played within 2 hours so we didn't need hotels. all we paid for out of pocket was gate fees and gas and food. also this in SC were there are tons a tournament all around $300.

Sep 9, 2019
As I said goals matter. You don't have to go all in and it eats our vacation budget

Nov 23, 2021
SC
now if you are playing for the Firecrackers, Elite, or Intensity organization you are paying fees for the name on the front of your jersey. but all good organizations.

Feb 1, 2022
We are new to the softball travel circuit and trying to gage how much this venture will cost us. What do people normally pay? Is it a one-time payment or each month? I know you are paying for practice locations, tournaments, coaching, insurance, uniforms, etc. Tons of stuff. Just trying to figure out what the average cost may be. Thanks for the insight.

Welcome! I can only speak from my own experience. My daughter played for a team in Bergen County, NJ which is about 15 miles northwest of Manhattan. Our two years at 10U were roughly $2400. This included everything including uniforms and the team had their own facility. I believe the cost was split into two payments, one in the summer to cover the fall season, and a second in the winter to cover the spring season. We played in probably 4 tournaments in the fall and 5 or 6 in the spring. We left prior to 12U because the cost was going up roughly another $1000, but we were fortunate to land with a better team that offered more and was a lot less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi