How Many Bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
I've noticed every girl in D D's team carries two bats yet use only one. DD had to drag her game bag to school and back everyday since.no lockers due to covid. I finally suggested he just carry the one bat in her bag since that's the only one she uses. Sure, that bat may crack or something, but then she can use a teammates.for rest of game, sure beats lugging around an extra 2 pounds.

Jun 3, 2021
If my DD had a certain type of bat I certainly buy two at a time. Back up just in case. But holding off until she gets better and older. Just turned 12.

May 8, 2019
Two in her bag - A Ghost Advanced with a wobbly handle, and a Ghost Advanced just starting to get "sharky". In the back of my SUV, there's a DS Ghost with some mild cracking, and a fully intact Grey ASA Ghost.
What size of blue ghost and if right size wanna sale

Oct 14, 2020
4 in the bag.

Gamer - Mizuno F21 PC 31/20
Cage/Machine - Demarini CFX 32/22
Others:
- Demarini CF8 31/21
- Rawlings Quatro Pro 32/21

May 6, 2015
as for why more than one, need an extra for cage work (dimple balls), cold days, heavy balls. Dd never uses her prime bat for these scenarios, too much risk of breakage. And I could not afford two GA to have one sit (and possibly be outgrown, doc says she has about 18 months left of growing), so I bought the extras used (she had grown a lot this past year, old bats really not right for her size/weight wise anymore).

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
If my DD had a certain type of bat I certainly buy two at a time. Back up just in case. But holding off until she gets better and older. Just turned 12.

This year was the first that DD has two bats (same type). Prior she just didn't play enough or hit hard enough to worry about them breaking. In fact, her bat from LY is still good and being used by a teammate. She turned 13 this year and it was the start of her school ball season. Knowing she was going to be practicing/playing 5 days a week then go right into travel ball (3-5 days a week).....we went with two. But they are Xeno's.....so she was probably fine with just one. Her BFF on our TB team has been using her "extra". She needed a new bat so I told her to get the extra broken in for DD. Both are older models but NIW. So two bats were still less than the cost of a new Ghost.

May 20, 2015
at least 3 gamers for DD1 - a 32/22 GA (with a 33/23 GA on the way from Core to replace it) - a 33/23 Mantra (hits it well, isn't fully confident with it yet) and a 33/24 Mizuno Power Carbon we're still playing with/breaking in.......that doesn't count a 33/23 older LXT that we have for cage/practice

DD2 has a 32/22 Mantra that she loves......she's gaining a couple of her sister's GA's - one long out of warranty that is in great shape (lots of hits, but nary a crack) and a 32/22 GA that gained cracks in the first few weeks but that we're still swinging......she has a 32/22 marucci pure for practice

May 20, 2015
if they were durable enough, it would just be GA's in the elder DD's bag......but they aren't, so we are working on something else she will like, hence the mantra and PC - from what I have seen, the Mantra is the one, but she's still getting that set in her head lol......

DD2 loves the mantra, and the leftover GA's are just for backups

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877