How far should you take it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I agree, by no means do I make mine hide in my comfort zone. Coming from a family of all males I've really tried to teach the female to be twice as smart and strong. ( it's still a work in progress ) lol

Just like yesterday, she was asked by a college to come watch a game and meet the team/staff. She was cool until about the 6th inning and I could see her getting nervous and fidgety. I told relax, go over every answer in your mind you think the coach will ask, be prepared and it will be fine.*

Once she walked on the field to meet them I shook the coaches hand and stepped back. I wanted her to face that head on without holding my hand, so to speak. She did fine and I was proud of her answers and demeanor. *

Now on the ride home she said, " my legs felt like they were about to buckle ". I got a good laugh at that!!!

Dec 9, 2011
I agree, by no means do I make mine hide in my comfort zone. Coming from a family of all males I've really tried to teach the female to be twice as smart and strong. ( it's still a work in progress ) lol

Just like yesterday, she was asked by a college to come watch a game and meet the team/staff. She was cool until about the 6th inning and I could see her getting nervous and fidgety. I told relax, go over every answer in your mind you think the coach will ask, be prepared and it will be fine.*

Once she walked on the field to meet them I shook the coaches hand and stepped back. I wanted her to face that head on without holding my hand, so to speak. She did fine and I was proud of her answers and demeanor. *

Now on the ride home she said, " my legs felt like they were about to buckle ". I got a good laugh at that!!!

Good for her and that's the way mom and dad should be.. Shake hands and step out of the way.. College coaches really look at that.. They look out how the kids handle themselves alone... When it comes to travel they want kids that can handle themselves without mom or dad holding there hands (so to speak) D1 esp. because they travel so much during the season. Good for her Going

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball