How do I tell our pitching coach we are switching?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2012
"Thank you for the years of instruction, my daughter has learned so much and really elevated her game because of you. So much so that XXX, considered the top pitching instructor in the state, has agreed to take her on as a student. We believe this will allow her to take her pitching to another level, none of which would be possible without you. We hope you understand, and I'd really like to keep in contact and keep you up to date on how she's doing. If it doesn't work out, we hope you'll be available, if that time comes. Thanks again."

I would be flattered to hear something along those lines and be cheering your daughter on right through college.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I like JerseyBall's speech but in case you feel you'd have trouble getting all that out without messing it up....

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Jan 17, 2013
I'd avoid doing it over the phone entirely. Do it face-to-face, respectfully, and honestly. Do everything you can to avoid burning any bridges, but let them know you appreciate everything they've done for your daughter, but that you feel it's a necessary move for her to continue to improve.

Coaches often become close friends, especially when you've been using them for a while. But the fact is on the most basic level, you're still paying for a service, and if you don't feel like you're getting what you're paying for, something needs to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom